Chase Bank Plastic "BWR" has anyone ever found a dime in these?

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kids and I have gone through 10,000 BWR dimes from Chase and not found a single silver dime. We average 1 in every 1200 to 1500 in CWR dimes. We also seem to do OK with BofA paper BWR. I find it hard to believe that we have not found one the Chase dimes. I stopped getting the BWR from Chase an ask for CWR.

I was just wondering how others may have done.

Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may be the batch.
but its out there! hh

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not the batch, it's just that Brink's stinks. Found one silver dime in Brinks in over five years of searching.
I admire your will to find the silver, but those averages are lousy. My average for years has been 1 silver per $120 in dimes searched, to date.

Last edited:

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next 10,000 could be excellent. You won't know unless you try.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am assuming 10,000 is in the terms of coins, but in much simpler form, $1,000.

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've randomly done a brinks box of dime 7-8 times and finally found a silver Rosie yesterday. I try to stay away for the brinks stink.

OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10,000 is the number of dimes from Chase we have looked through. So, Brinks are the folks that do the plastic wrapped coins. I was thinking there had to be something up considering how much better the other source have been incomparison to Chase's plastic wrapped rolls. They sure are easy to look though however, if they were worth looking through that is.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not dimes but I have found 2 silver quarters in a box

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I just started with the brinks boxes of dimes a week ago. My first box I got 2 silvers and then for the next 3 boxes, nothing.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do dime bags once in awhile. After 10.000 dimes i want to shoot myself in the head. There so dam small.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I haven't done a large volume of dimes yet, but my results have been decent from the clear plastic rolls. Probably about one silver every $125 if I exclude the rolls that are almost solid 2012s. The clear plastic is so easy to edge search I don't mind a lower find rate on these.

OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I asked a couple of Chase banks on the way home for some dime roles (commerical drive thru lane). One of them was in a pretty serious retail area so I just asked for $50. Then I got $100 from two other branchs on the way home and a $100 from the BofA right next to my home.
The BofA were about half 2012 rolls real bumber. I got a total $60 dollars of BWR from Chase all bad as the last $1,000 dollars worth. However the $190 worth of Chase CWR netted 2 silver dimes.
I am guessing that Brinks does these plastic wrapped rolls from the posts here. I am going to stay away from these they are just ridiculas.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do clear plastic rolls from Brinks exclusively. And in my area, they pay. I've found a few hundred of them doing this. The beauty of this is the speed. I can do two boxes in about 10 minutes and then I can take the full boxes back to a bank without any issue and it's fast. Easier dumping than with halves in my part of the world without coin machines on every corner.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem with Brinks clear dime rolls in my area, Average 1-2 per box

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've done over $7,000 in Brinks clear wrapped dimes without finding the first silver.

Finally, I picked up some boxes from a branch 'in the big city', and found 1 or 2 Roosies.

I theorize that some of the Brinks dime machines have comparators, and others don't. In the skunk Brink boxes, I've not found any silver, Canadian, or British 5 pence. The String rolls are loaded with Canadian, foreign, and a silver here and there.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie and have only done one box of dimes so far. 1 box MWR clear from brinks. Got 1 1964. For what ever that's worth. I'm gonna due more I'll let you know. All my MWR are clear except my halves which had paper rolls but I was told it was a brinks box

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do clear plastic rolls from Brinks exclusively. And in my area, they pay. I've found a few hundred of them doing this. The beauty of this is the speed. I can do two boxes in about 10 minutes and then I can take the full boxes back to a bank without any issue and it's fast. Easier dumping than with halves in my part of the world without coin machines on every corner.

The perk of these types of boxes, and also the reason why they will never produce like other types of rolls. I think most of the brinks boxes we get have been searched over. all they have to do is reseal the box and send it back out. in other types of BWRs, these are truly unsearched, but with brinks you never know. Maybe 1 out of 10 is unsearched, so you find one dime every $1000 instead of every $100. it's the only thing that makes sense to me without a reason for brinks receiving less silver from customers. Who knows, maybe they receive all the coinstar dumps

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
The perk of these types of boxes, and also the reason why they will never produce like other types of rolls. I think most of the brinks boxes we get have been searched over. all they have to do is reseal the box and send it back out. in other types of BWRs, these are truly unsearched, but with brinks you never know. Maybe 1 out of 10 is unsearched, so you find one dime every $1000 instead of every $100. it's the only thing that makes sense to me without a reason for brinks receiving less silver from customers. Who knows, maybe they receive all the coinstar dumps

I think it is more likely to be Coinstar dumps bombing the average than other CRHers. There just aren't that many of us out there, especially that do dimes. Probably about half of those who CRH don't move past halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions