OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves + $150 worth of MWR of halves.

Skunked on the $150.

Box gave up two 40%ers: 1966 and 1967.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumped the halves and found three dimes in the reject tray:

1946 x 2
1964D

Picked up a box of halves + $150 in MWR of halves. Probably won't get around to searching them until tonight.

EDIT: skunked on the box and the $150.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in Maine on vacation all last week. Went through $2,000 worth of CWR of halves, were definitely someone's dumps. Skunked on all of that.

Proceeded to blow most of my CRH funds on vacation. Came back home with just $120 left.

Picked up $120 of CWR today, skunked.

Dumped the halves from today and found two silver dimes in the reject tray: 1964 x 2!

Went up to get my cash and found two quarters in the teller's tray: 1945 and 1964!

8-)

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you "find" silver quarters in the teller's tray? The tellers always have plenty of quarters, but do you ask to see them or did you spy the silver rims and say "I'll take those two quarters"?

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw the silver rims and asked if I could buy all the quarters she had. I don't ever buy just the silver ones, clues them in on what to look for.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a long lunch today. Picked up a box of halves, was skunked.

Dumped half of the box at a new bank, the other half at one that is in my regular rotation of dump banks but is the least frequented.

I fill the bag and the lady comes over to change it out.

As I'm looking at the magnet in the metal thing that covers the hopper, the lady says, "Sir, you aren't allowed to look in there. Those are our coins."

I replied, "So, it's policy to steal from your customers then? Because if any coins get stuck in there -- like all of these foreign coins that are stuck to the magnet right now as well as the large number of my halves still inside because of all the foreign coins jamming them up -- and you won't allow someone to get them, that's theft."

She didn't say a word after that. She continued changing the bags and I continued retrieving my halves so that they would be counted.

She was obviously very annoyed that I questioned her authority.

I laughed.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I have been thinking of getting into CRH'ing... I read the whole post... have a few questions if you dont mind...

The (silver)coins you are finding in the reject bin at the bank... are those from you missing them when you sorted through, or is it customer rejects that they dont bother to pick up, or on that magnet thing you were talking about?

Do you dump the whole box of dimes/box of halves into a coin sorter in 1 trip?

Thanks in advance

Awesome thread, Tons of info!! HH(Happy hunting im assuming is what it means?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I have been thinking of getting into CRH'ing... I read the whole post... have a few questions if you dont mind...

The (silver)coins you are finding in the reject bin at the bank... are those from you missing them when you sorted through, or is it customer rejects that they dont bother to pick up, or on that magnet thing you were talking about?

Do you dump the whole box of dimes/box of halves into a coin sorter in 1 trip?

Thanks in advance

Awesome thread, Tons of info!! HH(Happy hunting im assuming is what it means?)

Definitely read through the stickies at the top of the forum.

The finds from the reject tray are from other people, at least for the most part I think. There have been times where I was dumping halves and a 40%er that didn't make it to the reject tray was found in the tube. I don't know if I had missed it while searching, someone else missed it, or it was part of a non-CRHer's dump. Most of the time, people either forgot to check the reject tray when they were finished or when I go to dump my coins, rejects that got stuck in the tube that leads to the tray were dislodged.

The most halves I dump at one bank is $250 worth. I will routinely hit up two or three dump banks in a trip.

Dimes I dump $500 worth at one bank.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info everybody... I had seen the sticky beginners thread, Maybe I will go to some local banks and see what I can pickup... C yas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread