50 dollar sealed bag of 1969 pennys

Chief Mcchiefer

Jul 12, 2012
Atlanta, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS Groundhog,F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright i have a sealed bag of 1969 pennys that my grandfather got back in the early 70s. I have no experience hunting these.I would just like to have some input on if i should open and hunt or would i better off putting them online and getting the 100 to 150 dollars for them.Would they all be 69s or a mix ? Do u think they are new or rebaged? What should i look for if i do open them? I know there is no 100% answer but any input would be great THANKS SDC10137.JPG

Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly have no idea. You could keep them sealed and sell on ebay as a curiositywell over face not ever knowing whats inside. or open them find it to either be a mix of pre 1969 pennys could have some wheats, or it could be brand new 1969 D Memorials. Let us know what you do either way

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If the bag is sealed (sewn), then why would you suspect 69-S cents to be in there? I would throw it up on eBay and hope for $100.

I think that he meant that there would be "1969s" as in the plural form, not implying that a Denver mint bag would have San Fransisco pennies in it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Honestly have no idea. You could keep them sealed and sell on ebay as a curiositywell over face not ever knowing whats inside. or open them find it to either be a mix of pre 1969 pennys could have some wheats, or it could be brand new 1969 D Memorials. Let us know what you do either way

If the bag is sewn, than it will only contain 69-D cents. The Mint doesn't store coins, the Federal Reserve does. There would be no chance of a mix of years to end up in the bag.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
I would say unless you really need the money DON'T SALE OR OPEN IT. Put it away and in another 10-20 years who knows What the price might be.

OP
OP
C

Chief Mcchiefer

Jul 12, 2012
Atlanta, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS Groundhog,F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 4 all the input i think i will just put them in the safe for a few more years and c if they go up in value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions