Not much, but first silver

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did my 2nd box over the weekend and got 1 bicentennial silver half. Was nice to see that edge after thinking I was going to be skunked on my first two boxes :hello2: I also got an immigrant half in the box so I was wondering if those are worth keeping or just dump it?

I spend some time at the bar of my neigborhood golf course and was asking one of the girls there if she looks for silver in the coins they use. Her reply shocked me when she said she recently got a solid quarter roll! The bad part is she said she only has like $5 left from it and doesn't know what happened to the rest :BangHead: The good part is she will now be on the lookout for me :)

got 3 boxes coming this week so will let everyone know if not skunked.

Jeff

Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are the harder ones to hunt u got there, i'd say keep them.

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you Geoff. my question wasn't very clear so I apologize. I am def keeping the bicentennial silver, I am just wondering about the immigrant clad.

thanks again!

Jeff

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff, could you snap a shot of the immigration half dollar? i would keep it, but if it is in bad shape, some might toss it. I keep even the most beat up clad proofs.
hh
buff

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure BB, at work but I will do that tonight and upload it. It was in pretty nice shape from what I remember

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took a break from work to run and dump at the CU coinstar. Machine kept jamming but the manager (a former co-worker at another bank) said they had 2 half boxes someone didn't pick up so if I wanted them I could have them. :hello2: Plus she is getting my 2 box order Wednesday so looks like I will have 5 boxes now this week.

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi BB, not great pics but here you go. Hope they come up as this is my first try on here to post pics

photo.JPG photo.JPG

Last edited:

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find.
I keep all coms. You don't find them everyday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread