Am new to this aug will be 1 year Is summer allways slow??

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer is pretty good to me so far. Best boxes since early December- January.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tim, you've done more boxes in a year than I'll do in the next 5 probably, may you've culled the majority of it in your area? Lol, just kidding, I don't have a real answer to your question, I'm still on my first season of it too. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not that am doing bad am doing ok about 10 to 33 oz a week. I just would like to know what you guys think?? I think winter will be better??

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm hoping that the theory of people cashing in their halves around the holidays holds true, we'll have to wait and see. Maverick.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I've been at the game for 30 years now. Summer has always been slim pickins. The most productive months seem to start in Mid-Oct to End of January. I then notice an uptick in Mid-March till Early June.

You have to keep on the hunt as you never know when an estate is dumped or a collection is stolen (from a glove compartment - sorry I couldn't resist). But the above date ranges, indicate life experiences we all endure. Holidays (Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years) and Taxes.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been at the game for 30 years now. Summer has always been slim pickins. The most productive months seem to start in Mid-Oct to End of January. I then notice an uptick in Mid-March till Early June.

You have to keep on the hunt as you never know when an estate is dumped or a collection is stolen (from a glove compartment - sorry I couldn't resist). But the above date ranges, indicate life experiences we all endure. Holidays (Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years) and Taxes.[/QUOTE I was thinking the same thing thanks i think your right!!! I just wanted to hear it from old timer. Thanks

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tim, i've been at this for 3 years now, let me say this... my best boxes have popped up in april and august, my largest skunk streak began in august and lasted well into february... doing 2 boxes a week, that's almost a 50-box skunk streak. There's no rhyme or reason to why boxes are better in certain months... i can pick up a box today and it is likely to be a skunk, but unless i open the box, it is ALWAYS a skunk, but there's always that small chance you'll get a true DREAM BOX.

hh

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tim, i've been at this for 3 years now, let me say this... my best boxes have popped up in april and august, my largest skunk streak began in august and lasted well into february... doing 2 boxes a week, that's almost a 50-box skunk streak. There's no rhyme or reason to why boxes are better in certain months... i can pick up a box today and it is likely to be a skunk, but unless i open the box, it is ALWAYS a skunk, but there's always that small chance you'll get a true DREAM BOX.

hh

This. Persistence is key. When all the good stuff is dumped into circulation you have to be playing to take a piece of the pie.

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I can pick up a box today and it is likely to be a skunk, but unless i open the box, it is ALWAYS a skunk.

Never heard it put that way. A good way to think about a skunk streak (in the middle of one, not 50, but still...) Should keep this in mind when I'm feeling discouraged. Thanks Buff.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Its not that am doing bad am doing ok about 10 to 33 oz a week. I just would like to know what you guys think?? I think winter will be better??

I wish I was getting those kind of numbers... If only I could up the bankroll... Time to go all out with my 1000 dollars! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread