All Treasure Hunting
Sorry big guy still worth a penny!!!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah those coins are super cool! Artwork! they may not have any extra value but i have seen coins with nice artwork like that sell for a premium.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i get a lot of those, i don't look closely at the pennies, but if it stands out, i keep them. i've gotten quite a few states, a baseball penny, clovers, kennedy's face, a moon... lots of stuff out there are marked on pennies.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pennies are great, most people don't know there was a states penny set, I believe 1976 right? I have the entire set from my great uncle, minus a couple of states that got lost over time from transporting. I haven't found one in a penny box yet, I'm hoping to fill in the missing holes.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Those pennies are great, most people don't know there was a states penny set, I believe 1976 right? I have the entire set from my great uncle, minus a couple of states that got lost over time from transporting. I haven't found one in a penny box yet, I'm hoping to fill in the missing holes.

It was all not done by the mint, but still cool. I found one in the bank's parking lot, but I dumped it as it was so scratched up and the zinc was showing.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Sorry big guy still worth a penny!!!

Coinflation says its worth 2.25 cents.

I have a cool cent w/a Mason symbol stamped on it somewhere.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
This is a really cool find. They make punches that you can do this to pennies with. I have never purchased one I did however find a penny that had Lincoln smoking. I found it really cool and thought someone else would also. So I slapped it on feebay and sure enough it snagged $4 or $5 can't remember exactly. So guess it is one of my more profitable finds lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread