some help would be appreciated, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm starting college in september and along with college comes the bills. I have a job making a cashier making 7.60 an hour. I'm dorming so my parents are kicking me off insurance so that's going to be 400 bucks a month. They aren't willing to pay a penny for any of my bills so I'm in a bit of a hole. I really want to continue coin hunting but all the bills are going to eat into any of my bankroll.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen I know everyone is trying to help their own way but I know a thing or two about finances. My dad is an accountant and business manager and I've worked for him as long as I can remember. And now I prepare tax returns for his clients with literally millions of dollars of stock transactions and corporate returns including doing all the books. That's why I'm so concerned about this
Good for you. You still don't squat about life. So good luck with all your daddy million dollar clients because you won't be one until you grow up.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy said:
Good for you. You still don't squat about life. So good luck with all your daddy million dollar clients because you won't be one until you grow up.

Ok personal attacks like that are not needed. I'm sorry but all I did was put a website on here for good use. And I'm being shot down. This is rediculous. Does no one have sense of sympathy of someone who's under pressure with a ecomony like this? Not even a tiny bit? I mean really come on people. You know what? Whatever. Go be heartless somewhere else. And I don't even care anymore. Don't bother messaging me about helping because I don't want the help. I'm doing this on my own and proving all of you wrong saying that I don't know crape about anything

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok personal attacks like that are not needed. I'm sorry but all I did was put a website on here for good use. And I'm being shot down. This is rediculous. Does no one have sense of sympathy of someone who's under pressure with a ecomony like this? Not even a tiny bit? I mean really come on people. You know what? Whatever. Go be heartless somewhere else. And I don't even care anymore. Don't bother messaging me about helping because I don't want the help. I'm doing this on my own and proving all of you wrong saying that I don't know crape about anything

Good lord. I hope you turn that BS attitude around, otherwise you will be going nowhere.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
Good lord. I hope you turn that BS attitude around, otherwise you will be going nowhere.

Let's see about that

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Young man, you keep up your attitude & using obsene language on a family oriented site, you will be going on a short vacation sooner than you think. I believe you need to read the rules of TNet. http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

Don't use profane or obscene language.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Young man, you keep up your attitude & using bad language on a family oriented site, you will be going on a short vacation sooner than you think.

I think I need a short vacation so I don't cause physical harm to myself after being shot down like that

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Young man, you keep up your attitude & using bad language on a family oriented site, you will be going on a short vacation sooner than you think.

Wow, I'm shocked... Dude they are cutting you major slack. I've never seen such generous mods on any forum ever. Any other site and your banned yesterday. Lol

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm being nice...I have no clue to what kind of website you had up and was removed by another moderator. But, that's besides the point, the obscene language you're using is not called for. But if it was breaking of TNet rules, yes it will be removed. One more thing, posting a message to the owners of the site is not helping you one bit. Sounds like someone needs to wash your mouth out with Ivory soap.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
I'm being nice...I have no clue to what kind of website you had up and was removed by another moderator. But, that's besides the point, the obscene language you're using is not called for. But if it was breaking of TNet rules, yes it will be removed. One more thing, posting a message to the owners of the site is not helping you one bit. Sounds like someone needs to wash your mouth out with Ivory soap.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy anymore, just informing about it. Won't give any details because I'm not trying to break rules or sell on here. I'm collecting copper pennies. Trying to sell them to pay for college. And I was just trying to get the word out there about it. I'm sorry for some of the words I used, I was trying to hold back my frustration but some of it slipped. By posting a message to the owner I was just trying to explain my position. I wasn't intending for this to turn into such an argument

jedi9

Jun 13, 2012
Buddy, if you think you've got it bad then you need to go take a walk around walmart. You don't have to look very far to find people much worse off than you! I think you got too many timeouts when you should have gotten spankings!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to be a wise guy anymore, just informing about it. Won't give any details because I'm not trying to break rules or sell on here. I'm collecting copper pennies. Trying to sell them to pay for college. And I was just trying to get the word out there about it. I'm sorry for some of the words I used, I was trying to hold back my frustration but some of it slipped. By posting a message to the owner I was just trying to explain my position. I wasn't intending for this to turn into such an argument
The part I don't get is why u want to sell your coin here? These are going to be some of the most informed coin collectors who obviously could pull there own copper. Your not gonna get much dollar for coin here anyway. Haven't you ever heard of EBay? ......sheesh! Yeah you got life figured out. We're just all holding you back.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just hope I get some slack when I have one of my little outburst..lol, I probably have already ! :D

Chief Mcchiefer

Jul 12, 2012
Atlanta, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS Groundhog,F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel sorry for this kid LOL . If he whines this much in college hes going to have a lot more to worry about than CRH. I would have had a field day with this kid if he was around me at that age. After the first month he will be begging to get out of the dorms after those guys get done with him LOL.

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jnb1994 said:
Listen I know everyone is trying to help their own way but I know a thing or two about finances. My dad is an accountant and business manager and I've worked for him as long as I can remember. And now I prepare tax returns for his clients with literally millions of dollars of stock transactions and corporate returns including doing all the books. That's why I'm so concerned about this

If I am paying a CPA/CMA to do my taxes I don't want a kid to do them... I think that is unethical. Does this sound fishy to anyone else?

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRHQueen said:
If I am paying a CPA/CMA to do my taxes I don't want a kid to do them... I think that is unethical. Does this sound fishy to anyone else?

Yes. I wouldn't be happy.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm going to chime in with some life advice for JNB. Enlist in the military. You need it. Don't choose the easy MOS. Challenge yourself. Choose the hardest (they also include enlistment bonuses for these challenging MOS). Use the GI bill. You will come out much further ahead in life by doing so. Good luck with whatever you decide.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone just delete this already

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of your posts seem to have the same recurring theme. You as the alleged victim.
Customer Sniped My Silver
Teller Won't Sell To Me
Teller Won't Sell Me A Silver Coin
Parents and Website Won't Help Me

And so on and so forth. At 18 you should be worried about chasing tail. There is plenty of time in life to chase copper pennies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say you want to take a couple years to learn to live on your own, you want to live on your own pay your own way, you want your parents to subsidize your living away from home and they are mean because they want.

I wish my parents could have offered me the deal your complaining about. What you want is for them to support you while you live in the dorm so you can party without them knowing...

Tell me, did you buy your own car? Its easy you want to live in dorm get a night job and pay your own insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions