some help would be appreciated, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm starting college in september and along with college comes the bills. I have a job making a cashier making 7.60 an hour. I'm dorming so my parents are kicking me off insurance so that's going to be 400 bucks a month. They aren't willing to pay a penny for any of my bills so I'm in a bit of a hole. I really want to continue coin hunting but all the bills are going to eat into any of my bankroll.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated before, only dealers and charter members can sell here and against rules to post ph numbers addresses or email addresses here on open forums..

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok but I wouldn't be selling anything on here. And I didn't realize it was against rules to post an email so sorry about that. But was it necessary to take down the web address?

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me a pm if you'd like to learn how you can help

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, your not a dealer, you cannot promote your business nor advertise it on the forums which is why it was removed.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not like I'm trying to be a lying greedy crook. I'm offering a service for everyone and by them helping me out I would help them out in return. And I wasn't planning to sell to anyone directly on treasurenet. I'm just trying to get the word out so I can have any hope of keeping my coin hobby alive. But if you insist that I have to be a charter member to do that then that's just what I'll have to do

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd definitely shop around for cheaper insurance. I would think a college age youngster could find adequate insurance coverage for less than $400 per month.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ArkieBassMan said:
I'd definitely shop around for cheaper insurance. I would think a college age youngster could find adequate insurance coverage for less than $400 per month.

Forgot to mention that it's car insurance. That's the problem lol. I was on my parent's policy and my mom was the main driver and I was paying 125 which I could afford. But that's a huge jump so it's going to be tough adapting

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Why are they kicking you off their insurance? I thought dependents were covered until age 21 for health and car insurance, as long as they were a full-time student?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could somebody please send me a Bacon Cheeseburger with BBQ sauce? I have a bunch of ex-wives and I REALLY need a Bacon Cheeseburger!

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Just pay the first month, get the card...then stop paying. Lol.
Covers you for the cops! Just dont get in a wreck

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not like I'm trying to be a lying greedy crook. I'm offering a service for everyone and by them helping me out I would help them out in return. And I wasn't planning to sell to anyone directly on treasurenet. I'm just trying to get the word out so I can have any hope of keeping my coin hobby alive. But if you insist that I have to be a charter member to do that then that's just what I'll have to do

If your a charter member you can sell here... If your a detector dealer you can advertise your website and sell here, but sorry, there are no hot links to other websites for commercial gain or recruiting for members for monetary gain allowed....

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
If your a charter member you can sell here... If your a detector dealer you can advertise your website and sell here, but sorry, there are no hot links to other websites for commercial gain or recruiting for members for monetary gain allowed....

Even for charter members?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben-Ro said:
Why are they kicking you off their insurance? I thought dependents were covered until age 21 for health and car insurance, as long as they were a full-time student?

Because they insist that I should stay home even though its my decision and that I'm the one paying for it. They are 'worried about me blowing away my scholarship because I'll lose my responsability' even though I've worked my ass off for a 98 gpa and a 30k a year scholarship. They think its a personal attack because I have more than I'll ever need here at home. And they think that I'll vanish off the face of the earth if I dorm half an hour away. They don't realize that it's for the experience and self discovery and all of that stuff. So they insist that I can't be on their insurance if my car isn't at their address. Which basically is really them giving me the finger and trying to screw me over however they can. Because they think they can do that

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Sorry, even charter members............This is per the owner of TreasureNet website.....

And how is detector dealing any different? I'm a coin dealer. Detector dealers are in it for money so why is this fair?

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jnb1994 said:
And how is detector dealing any different? I'm a coin dealer. Detector dealers are in it for money so why is this fair?

How can I contact the owner

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Listen man, this is a private board. They decide the rules. They could restrict all but the sale of African flamingos if they so desired.

PS- Life is anything but fair.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
Listen man, this is a private board. They decide the rules. They could restrict all but the sale of African flamingos if they so desired.

It makes no sense and quite frankly it pisses me off. Here I am a hardworking kid trying to get on my feet in life and I'm being denied by people who I thought would actually care

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It makes no sense and quite frankly it pisses me off. Here I am a hardworking kid trying to get on my feet in life and I'm being denied by people who I thought would actually care

Welcome to the big bad world. I was once told by a wise person that, in order to succeed in life, you must improvise, adapt, and overcome. Dont fixate on the obstacles, always focus on the solution. Move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread