sorry

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen I'm sorry for the chaos. I'm just under a huge amount of pressure and I get ticked off easily under pressure. No hard feelings please, that's not what I was hoping for. I was just hoping someone would hear me and could offer some help. But I'll just look elsewhere. Sorry for wasting your time. I'll take a little break from here for a while

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If pennies is what you are selling, why don't you put them in bags by weight and sell them on eBay? People buy stuff like that on there all the time. Or put like a silver dime or an Indian Head cent on the ends and sell them on there? People go bananas over stuff like that. Expand your horizons and look into it. :icon_thumleft:

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If pennies is what you are selling, why don't you put them in bags by weight and sell them on eBay? People buy stuff like that on there all the time. Or put like a silver dime or an Indian Head cent on the ends and sell them on there? People go bananas over stuff like that. Expand your horizons and look into it. :icon_thumleft:
Oh I guess you haven't heard. He has life all figured out at 18.

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need help with college you might want to join the military. I'm leaving September 18 to the navy as a master at arms and it's a great job. They help with everything while in the military. Just some advice.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boristhespider88 said:

I've tried with the copper on ebay. Not a single hit. Nothing. And I'm 4 bucks in the hole with listing fees. So I got turned off by that real quick...

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boristhespider88 said:
Haha, don't shoot the messenger, that's someone else's doings...

Funny thing is I know exactally who your talking about too

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You could do something like this person did:
5000 COPPER PENNIES 100 ROLLS $50 FACE 1959-1982 34 POUNDS OF COPPER | eBay

Or you could do like a 5 pound lot or a 10 pound lot, or 50 rolls or whatever and set a moderately reasonable price, then let it go. Then when it's won, put it in one of the USPS's 'Flat Rate' boxes (taped up really really REALLY well, then ship it off.

Step 1. Hoard copper pennies.
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit!

:laughing7:

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Or you could do like a 5 pound lot or a 10 pound lot, or 50 rolls or whatever and set a moderately reasonable price, then let it go. Then when it's won, put it in one of the USPS's 'Flat Rate' boxes (taped up really really REALLY well, then ship it off.

Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit!

He obviously hasn't tried hard with eBay. eBay itself takes months to master no matter what your selling/buying. ONCE you have learned the in and out of EBay he could sell his copper for profit. Here I'll do something I rarely do, lol

On ebay you currently get 50 free auction style listings per month at a minimum. If you watch the home page and check your inbox you will see every couple weeks the will have a one day special as an example: list up to 1000 items auction style today's only for a penny a listing or free. As long as your not doing volume you most certainly can list for free, this was not always the case. So you will quickly learn listing auction style at the default .99 starting price will consistently bring in less then you wanted for you product losing you money..... The trick is to start the auction price at the lowest you would be happy selling the product for. Takes longer to sell but you don't lose. That way you don't let the product go for some crazy low price and you avoid the buy it now listing fees. I have never seen the buy it now option for free FYI. So generally you will have a 9-10% fee from eBay once it sells called a final value fee as well as a fee from Paypal which is required for doing business on eBay. Then of course you need to research the cheapest ways to ship your product so keep all that in mind when deciding your sale price. Copper sells for profit every day on eBay. YOU just don't know how.( not you spider ) lol
Here is another eBay trick....oh I'm so generous. Sign up for "eBay bucks" it's free to sign up cash back rewards program with absolutely no risk. Only works when you buy but you automatically get credited 2% on everything you buy and if your really slick you pay with your rewards credit card and get another 1% back. I buy so much stuff on eBay it's crazy and all of it at a reduced price from what I could get it from the store, delivered to my door saving me tons of gas money and most importantly TIME! All while getting back 3 bucks for every 100 I spend.
That's how it's done SON!

Last edited:

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried that once but I had no luck. I had $50 Face started it out at $59.99 and no luck. I could only wish it would be that easy.

Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit!

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MrSchulz said:
I tried that once but I had no luck. I had $50 Face started it out at $59.99 and no luck. I could only wish it would be that easy.

Thank you. That's why I don't use ebay. It's not that easy

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHQueen said:
I say switch from copper to silver!

I'm planning on doing both. More silver. The only way I'm going to afford school and everything is tapping into a 5k cd I had locked away which I really didn't want to take out of early to avoid the fees and everything but I have no choice right now. So I'm going to use it all as a bankroll while I can. Copper is basically my side thing right now

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Easy said, eBay takes months. With the 50 free listings and setting your price at your minimum profit margin you are on your way of making profit in no time. I build my bankroll weekly from eBay.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHQueen said:
As Easy said, eBay takes months. With the 50 free listings and setting your price at your minimum profit margin you are on your way of making profit in no time. I build my bankroll weekly from eBay.

Ebay is also expensive. They charged me 4 dollars in fees for listings which didn't sell. I don't want to shell out money to them when I'm not even selling my stuff

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get 50 free listings a month if they don't sell you don't pay.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I thought. They definatley charged me for something though and that turned me off real quick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread