Feeling a bit deflated lately.. July sucks!

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get two boxes of halves per week, and I'm on at least an 8 box skunk streak..

I pick up halves whenever possible, and lately all CWR are dumps... probably passing CRHers. Out of $1500 MWR halves randomly found, I got 7 40%ers from a $130 pickup.

I look thru dimes and nickel rolls whenever I have time, and COMPLETELY skunked today on $500 MWR dimes, $50 nickels and $150 quarters.. yeah, I have been so desperate, that I tried CWR Quarters today.

I deal with vending machine change daily, and I quickly glance over pint buckets of change and edge check the coin mech of 20-25 machines daily.. I've found 2 war nickels this month, and it's usually about 1 war nickel a week, and a silver dime every other week.

I'm frustrated with recent efforts, but I'm not quitting! I just can't, but dumping sure SUCKS now. :BangHead:

I'm going to start sorting my weekend bag of pennies.. at least they always produce wheats! This is something I just started last week... look at what I've been resorted to treasure hunt.. :(

Upvote 0

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry the hunt hasn't been so hot for you lately! Keep it up & it will come.

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there PhattyB. Yur time is coming. The last few weeks have been well below average for me also with boxes. Yes dumps are more of a pain when you find nothing or very little. Boxes aren't nearly as fun to open after you start seeing the way the trend is heading. You just have to keep plugging way and it will turn around. It only takes one bank stop to get an attitude adjustment and then your back in the game. Things will pick up, just have to ride it out. Good Luck!
HH
Big Fat

talon146

Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it makes you feel any better I went through 4 boxes of dimes today and some CWR dimes and only found one silver dime.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but you still find silver on the job, nothing wrong with that! hope august is better for you!
hh
buff

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear you man. I'm becoming discouraged as well. I had a few boxes come up slinky a couple weeks ago. Decided to double my efforts and I did $2000 of halves boxes this week, which is my biggest week yet and still no ag. Tried cwr hunting last Saturday. I went to roughly 12 banks resulting in $150 in skunks. I feel your pain. Very frustrating.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
talon146 said:
If it makes you feel any better I went through 4 boxes of dimes today and some CWR dimes and only found one silver dime.

Ouch!

OP
OP
PhattyB

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you using tO go through 4 boxes in a day?

Just edge check them. Date check dirty looking ones.

It's especially easy with Brinks clear plastic wrappers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions