My dump bank rejected me :(

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just came back from citibank and got bad news after dumping 70$ in pennies. they said that this was the last time i can dump at them because the first few times were from curtisey and i costed the bank money. They said that i can get my coins counted in a bag with a fee. Another option was a direct deposit in the account w/ a fee. What do i do? Im getting my TD bank account after a year when my dad completes the morgage request from the bank (apparentlly 797 credit cant take a little hit with opening an account)

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i thought banks were out for 5 star customer service... go to the bank down the street!
hh
buff

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just came back from citibank and got bad news after dumping 70$ in pennies. they said that this was the last time i can dump at them because the first few times were from curtisey and i costed the bank money. They said that i can get my coins counted in a bag with a fee. Another option was a direct deposit in the account w/ a fee. What do i do? Im getting my TD bank account after a year when my dad completes the morgage request from the bank (apparentlly 797 credit cant take a little hit with opening an account)
Yep, they will do this. Did you ask about rolled coin?

OP
OP
albert

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy said:
Yep, they will do this. Did you ask about rolled coin?

If you mean if they have any halves or I did. they said they shipped off And I just missed it

OP
OP
albert

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
i thought banks were out for 5 star customer service... go to the bank down the street!
hh
buff

Thats my pickup bank ...

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
See about openning a new account at another bank, a lot of them have free checking, even if you have to deposit the coins into the account. I was told by one of my dump bank branches that they couldn't exchange my coins for cash anymore because they didn't have the room so I let them sit for a few weeks and went back last week and deposited 300 in halves into my checking account and they didn't say anything about it. It is all just a matter of playing the game by their rules as long as you get what you want and win.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the first few times were from curtisey and i costed the bank money

The failings of the American educational system simply amazes me sometimes.

***Sorry to be a grammar nazi, but that sentence killed me.***

Last edited:
OP
OP
albert

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Solid Rolls said:
The failings of the American educational system simply amazes me sometimes.

***Sorry to be a grammar nazi, but that sentence killed me.***

Sorry... Not too hot with spelling

OP
OP
albert

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
minkybodl said:
See about openning a new account at another bank, a lot of them have free checking, even if you have to deposit the coins into the account. I was told by one of my dump bank branches that they couldn't exchange my coins for cash anymore because they didn't have the room so I let them sit for a few weeks and went back last week and deposited 300 in halves into my checking account and they didn't say anything about it. It is all just a matter of playing the game by their rules as long as you get what you want and win.

My Dad won't let me Open an account until a year when his mortgage request. Is completed

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a bank you don't want to be doing any business with. move on to the next! This happens, even with the same banks. it's branch specific, for example I could dump all week long at one BoA, and the one down the street will tell me I need a business account or some other BS

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kept changing banks until I found one that wanted my business. I use my banks though, both of them. Keep the accounts active.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

talk to the manager.
If they still wont check with another bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread