Easys official reroll apology thread

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember the reroll days. Looking back, I would shoot myself if I had to reroll the volume I search.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the reroll days. Looking back, I would shoot myself if I had to reroll the volume I search.

Don't get me wrong, coin lock bags are still the way To go. But I am afraid I will get cut off. At least I have a back up plan now.

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I re-roll everything....always have. I do not have any banks in my area with free coin counters....cheapest is 3%. i rebox them also. The credit union i take them to then puts them in bags and ships them out.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep I don't do the bags, last bag I took in they F-in lost it, it's been three weeks and I'm still fighting to get my money back. two boxes of halves

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wouldn't be doing this if i actually had to re-roll my dumps...
hh
buff

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I re-roll everything....always have. I do not have any banks in my area with free coin counters....cheapest is 3%. i rebox them also. The credit union i take them to then puts them in bags and ships them out.
Yea, I feel ya. No free coin machines here either but I will one up you. All I have is coinstar.....
yep I don't do the bags, last bag I took in they F-in lost it, it's been three weeks and I'm still fighting to get my money back. two boxes of halves
are u effin kidding me? Don't you have the slip they tear off the bag for a receipt? That would kill me if that happened. + 10000 for re rolling!
i wouldn't be doing this if i actually had to re-roll my dumps...
hh
buff
that's the way I felt but looks like I won't have much choice. With a little practice and ingenuity you a tally can do it pretty quick. I just did my first box of dimes ever. Supposedly the hardest to re roll which they are but I was able to do a box while watching the opening of the olympics last night. It can be done with out ever taking your eys of the tv. To me that = effortless. Yeah may take a little while but I watcha fair bit or tv so I can make that time for productive now.

So today I took that box in. First time I've tried to dump re roll. Bofa branch. It's sat afternoon so no surprisingly it was empty. 2 tellers, 1 merchant teller and one loan/account person. That pretty empty in my neck of the woods, no customers. Instantly after they say hi they notice the box in my hands and you can see there expression change. I keep smiling and ask to exchange. One teller say ok you have to go to the merchant teller. She walks me over and introduces this old hunchback lady who looks none to pleased that I have a box of dimes. She's instantly says well I don't have any half boxes so..... I said not looking for halves just and exchange. She grunts and sighs....the mutter under here breath how hard dimes are for her and then she starts going off about how my box of 250 is only half a box or she normally only has half or some ship......never did figure out what she meant by that.
The whole time I'm asking her about her day, smiling making light hearted jokes trying to lighten her up. I did not have much luck. I got my cash but that wasn't very fun.....I hope it isn't like this all the time. GRANTED this was not one of my regular WF branches that have been very nice. This was a Bofa that I set up for dumping and even this location is not my home branch so they never seen me.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Get used to it. Dumping is almost always a bad experience. Just keep a smile on your face & stay sweet! Never give them the satisfaction that they've ruined your day or pissed you off.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I could maybe do 3-5 boxes of halves a week re rolling. I think the better idea is to slit the side and tape it back up.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I could maybe do 3-5 boxes of halves a week re rolling. I think the better idea is to slit the side and tape it back up.

For sure, if all your after is silver. I date check also so I go through them. I'm sure I will get lazy after a while and end up doing this too.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure, if all your after is silver. I date check also so I go through them. I'm sure I will get lazy after a while and end up doing this too.

Thats cool. I probably miss a few 40%ers here and there just edge checking.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm okay with taping, but if you do make sure you tape them up WELL! I got $110 in halves yesterday (all skunk, but I like to be sure) and the person that taped them had ripped the rolls to shreds and then tried to tape the paper back around the coins. A big nasty mess which I am surprised my bank took, but what can you do? I've also gotten rolls that were JUST packing tape around the coins (big sticky mess, ew...) and people that wrapped $500 in Saran Wrap and tape. Just, I guess, what I'm asking is be considerate with others. What if the other person getting them is going to use them for presents for little kids? (My mom does this all the time for every birthday... Well, after I look through them, that is...) :laughing7:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Get used to it. Dumping is almost always a bad experience. Just keep a smile on your face & stay sweet! Never give them the satisfaction that they've ruined your day or pissed you off.

+1, Thats pretty much it. Maverick.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just keep in mind that you (or some other CRHer) may get those boxes when they order new boxes, if Brinks keeps up being lazy. I've received a few of those boxes, resealed by Brinks, what a big disappointment when you open a "new" box only to find every roll has allready been edge serched. It doesn't happen often but we could see more and more of it. JMHO
HH

Last edited:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep in mind that you (or some other CRHer) may get those boxes when they order new boxes, if Brinks keeps up being lazy. I've received a few of those boxes, resealed by Brinks, what a big disappointment when you open a "new" box only to find every roll has allready been edge serched. It doesn't happen often but we could see more and more of it. JMHO
HH

Dont know where you got the idea I re roll. If I had to re roll, id slit and tape. I bag all my coin for cash exchange.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know where you got the idea I re roll. If I had to re roll, id slit and tape. I bag all my coin for cash exchange.
No namster, I didn't say you did, I was just commenting on the idea, if you'd like, I'll just delete the post. Sorry.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No namster, I didn't say you did, I was just commenting on the idea, if you'd like, I'll just delete the post. Sorry.

No harm no foul. Just commenting that if I was cut off on bagging id keep it going with the re rolling. Survival and all that, surely I am not alone. I have received some of the reboxed coins and it does suck, but thats all part of the hunt. HH!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could set up bagging around here but it's not a option. It's re-roll or quit, and I ain't quiting anytime soon (unless the banks cut me off). At this point I can allmost re-roll with my eyes closed. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread