My Best Reject Tray Find - 7 silver quarters!

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
My Best Reject Tray Finds - Hunt Log

Saturday I was dumping some dimes at TD Bank, and I decided to be nice & drop off 1/2 at one, 1/2 at another, so I wouldn't fill the bag. Well, I was very happy I stopped at Bank #2.

When I got the machine going, I heard some coins spin around, and then some large clunk-clunk-clunk drop into the reject tray. So I think, maybe some big foreign coins, etc. I happily pull 6 silver quarters out with a few of my dimes in the tray! Whoa! I stuck my finger into the tube and pulled out one more!

7 silver quarters! What beats silver at face value? Free Silver! Silver quarters are awesome because they are "rare" imo. Wife took the bank run trip with me and even she was impressed!

I will post a photo/dates/mint marks when I get home later! - Happy hunting, Jonathan

silver quarters.jpg

UPDATE: My Second (Best) TD Bank find
Same TD Bank today, saw the coin bag blocking the reject tube. When I filled the bags, I positioned myself to get the tube contents. I saw a couple silver rosies in the machine near the tube. Grabbed all the change in/around tube with permission. Got 7 silver rosies today! Boo-yaa! Will post silver dimes & repost silver quarters tonight at home! Also scored at an estate sale on the way to work this morning, check out the post here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...r-need-help-sterling-silver-thimble-10-a.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome!! penny arcades by me do not spit out any silver, i did get my only 3 silver quarters over the years from reject trays of penny arcades far away though.
hh
buff

Aaronscicli

Greenie
Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
WOWW NICEEE!!! My bank has the counter behind the ... counter... haha anyway how would i go about asking if there were any rejects i could have?

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, quarters are rare. Great score. Congrats on being able to impress the wife also.

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
NICE!!

I stopped at a supermarket this morning on the way to work. I found 20+ pennies in the coinstar.

Free money!
TGB

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I snagged a quarter from the reject tray today too! .......only mine was clad... Lol not complaining about free money but I am yet to find anything but clad in there.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, I've only found one silver quarter from the machines.

Last edited:

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I dumped some halves in a Coinstar (I get the Amazon gift cert to use for text books) and it didn't count them all. It kept 2 but it counted a few dimes. I was even but I told the woman at the counter that the machine was off because it counted some dimes that I didn't put in. She opened it up to see what was going on and discovered my halves stuck along with other dimes. She gave them all to me so I came out a head a couple dollars.

I also noticed the debris cup was about to overflow with coins in it. But she couldn't detach it from the machine and wouldn't let me reach into it. I wonder how many gold rings are just waiting in there ready to be collected... Maybe next time she'll let me dirty my hands and retrieve them.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait do coinstar machines have the tube kinda like td bank where the silver coins get stuck in the tube and never reach the tray? If that's the case then I have to check more often!

Nice finds by the way! Love those silver quarters

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Wow congrats! I look at the coin star machines everywhere I go and I have only foud 5c canadian and 1c 1998

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow congrats! I look at the coin star machines everywhere I go and I have only foud 5c canadian and 1c 1998

I have found two silvers in CoinStar in the last two weeks. Persistence pays off. One was right after a couple teenage girls walked away from it. I tried to see if they had any more silver in their rejects I could buy, but they didnt. Around me there are TD Banks, each equipped with a coin counting machine. Found this stuff in there.

Reposted quarters picture

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Update: Pulled 6 more silver dimes from this bank's reject tube this week on Monday. Gotta love free silver! I want to go back here every day to look!

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if they werent over $35 in silver what ******* goes to a coinstar and leave a buck 75 in the reject tray even if they were clads. :dontknow:

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
Was at BoA yesterday was getting 170.00 in halves and looked at counter and in plain sight was 3 quarters and a nickel all clad ;( but you couldn't miss them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread