WOW, Over-React Much??

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to be clear, the last thread I started was ONLY AN OBSERVATION!!!

I will repeat myself, ONLY AN OBSERVATION!!!

I was in no way implying that any person or people should not be ALLOWED to use or post on this site.
If I in some way, shape or fashion offended anyone (be they latch key children or not), please understand that it was not my intention.

As the late great Harvey Korman said in the classic movie Blazing Saddles, "Gentlemen rest your sphincters!"

That is all, good night and Happy Hunting!!

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The folks who are 15, are awesome.

I hope my 'Let Me Google That For You dot com links don't offend too bad.

Last edited:

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we all tend to post dumb stuff when we first start out on a forum. I would know, I used to do it all the time (my post count didn't come from being a lurker). The influx of new posters can be irritating to deal with at first, but most will "mature" into productive posters with awesome stories and ideas. It's simply the natural progression of forums.

HH
-GC

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to be clear, the last thread I started was ONLY AN OBSERVATION!!!

I will repeat myself, ONLY AN OBSERVATION!!!

I was in no way implying that any person or people should not be ALLOWED to use or post on this site.
If I in some way, shape or fashion offended anyone (be they latch key children or not), please understand that it was not my intention.

As the late great Harvey Korman said in the classic movie Blazing Saddles, "Gentlemen rest your sphincters!"

That is all, good night and Happy Hunting!!

I knew it was an observation. I believe we know who was calling someone out on there( not you) a little bit with the wives coment and that is where it got more directed toward someone, and left the lines of observation. HH Maverick.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow - they are still following up with the latchkey discussion.

A troll is not a monster - a troll is someone misrepresenting themselves online. It's internet slang. Sorry for the confusion.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

" Etymology

It has been asserted that the verb to troll originates from Old French troller, a hunting term. A verb "trôler" is found in modern French-English dictionaries, where the main meaning given is "to lead, or drag, somebody about". In modern English usage, the verb to troll is said to be a fishing technique of slowly dragging a lure or baited hook from a moving boat.[7]. This assertion, appearing in the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, seems to be a confusion with the well-established English verb "to trawl", meaning "to fish with a trawl-net". A "trawl-net" is a net "shaped like a flattened bag, for dragging along the sea-bottom". In Britain a "trawler" is a fishing-boat employing this technique."

When someone takes the time to make an account, and then pops out the silliest questions possible, I think "internet troll" - or they are "Trolling for a reaction"

Questions such as "Are 1964 quarters silver?"

or - "Are all silver dollars, silver?"

I mean, you make the account on Tnet, take the take to compose your post, all to answer a question that is out on the googles?

I have been on the internet for about 15 years, and not everyone is genuine.

The kids who have joined are awesome, and it seems everyone is eager to help them out. I wish I knew about this when I was 15.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling someone a "Troll" is considered an insult here, please refrain from doing so..

Almost every question you can think of about detecting and treasure hunting has been answered at some point in time here, but we still answer them for the new members...

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Apology accepted but I don't think it was necessary. Like Maverick said, it wasn't your initial post that was offensive. I enjoy very much posting on this forum & getting to know all of you & hear your stories & experiences. So much so that I have the app on my phone & am constantly checking it LOL I am glad my husband introduced me to TNet as it also gives us even more to talk about & CRH has given us a hobby to do together =D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread