• 96p_greaser_rev_31jul2012.jpg
    96p_greaser_rev_31jul2012.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
It most definitely is a greasy Kennedy. Nice find. It is a shame that it has been overlooked by so many and fed through the cycle of coin counters as evidenced by the nicks and scratches throughout the field. If it was save in an AU or mint state grade, it might be worth a few. I suppose you have nothing to lose by throwing it up on eBay to see who bites.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice coin! i got a greasy 1996p kennedy about a year ago just like yours but mine was shinier, i still have it, they are neat coins... only thing is, mine wasn't damaged(grease filled die) on the back(reverse)... You won't imagine how many greasers there are out there, i toss back the minor ones in bad shape... halves and nickels i find the most.
hh
buff

OP
OP
H

Hopper39

Oct 1, 2011
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only thing is, mine wasn't damaged(grease filled die) on the back(reverse)...

Is it more/less/just as likely for struck through grease coins to have the effect on just one side vs. both the obverse and reverse of the coin?

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a similiar kennedy last month, better condition though, but also a 96-p. Sold it on ebay for $38!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i find it more common to be grease filled on the obverse and not the reverse, less commonly just on the reverse, and even more uncommon on both sides, i've been at this for 3 years now and only found 1 or 2 major greasers
Is it more/less/just as likely for struck through grease coins to have the effect on just one side vs. both the obverse and reverse of the coin?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread