sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If your coin is in UNC or higher, it is worth $25+. In my opinion, keep AU and higher. The "D" is worth just slightly less than the "P."

The 1983-P Quarter

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
If your coin is in UNC or higher, it is worth $25+. In my opinion, keep AU and higher. The "D" is worth just slightly less than the "P."

The 1983-P Quarter

Exactly. I've posted about the '83 before and few astute members had followed the posts. The value comes in mint state only. The quick reasoning behind this is that there were no Mint sets issued that year due to cost cutting at the Mint so there is no supply of mint state coins that collectors can draw from other than rolls and bags saved at the time. Roll and bag collecting had grown out of favor by this time as many had gotten burned by saving rolls in the era of clad. Coupled this with the fact that the Mint had commenced commemorative coins after a hiatus that looked to be a better investment at the time. Save rolls of clad or buy commemorative coins with precious metal? No one can fault collectors at the time for choosing the latter, but today, the clad has vastly outperformed any precious metal.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, ok. I wonder how I missed the 1983 p. didn't even notice that one had higher value. I just saw a modern quarter with a high value and went blind with greed. Lol thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread