****The OFFICIAL THREAD FOR ALL PARENT & PARENTING COMPLAINTS****

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as the title says. Please put all your complaints about your parents on this thread.
No need to have a bunch of parenting complaint threads floating out there.
This might even serve as a support group for some.

"They don't let me CRH"
"They are so unfair"
"They don't understand what a "dump bank" is"
"They don't understand me"
"They make me eat vegetables"
"They don't want me selling junk copper for a living"
"They don't understand my "investing" in copper strategies"
"They make me go to bed too early"

These should all be placed in this thread from now on. Thanks in advance.

Happy Hunting!!

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
They make me eat my vegatables, lol. Had to laugh.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm 21 and my mom still doesn't understand why I get half dollar boxes. She doesn't understand why I tie up my money in coins... Like the bank won't give you paper money for coins anymore or something. Lol. :laughing7:

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Lol, I know it was made because of me, but I found it funny! And on that note, My parents are so unfair!!!! :laughing7:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah ha, the thread is working! lmao. Maverick.

OP
OP
Solid Rolls

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I know it was made because of me, but I found it funny! And on that note, My parents are so unfair!!!! :laughing7:

I wasn't trying to single you or anyone else out, just observating (yeah, just made that word up) as I normally do.
There have been a bunch of parenting complaints the past few weeks or so.
Seems like "parents being parents" has replaced "Brinks culling our silver"......

You're a good sport, and a good member of this forum.
Don't take any offense to what I post. It's all for fun.

P.S. - At 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and well you get the picture, I was chasing something a lot more valuable (to me at least) than copper cents. Maybe I'm just old now, but I would think and hope teenagers aren't spending way too much time sorting coins, and not enough time chasing girls. You only live once, and you don't get those years back when you get older.

Happy Hunting (whatever that may be)!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I wasn't trying to single you or anyone else out, just observating (yeah, just made that word up) as I normally do.
Seems like "parents being parents" has replaced "Brinks culling our silver"......

P.S. - At 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and well you get the picture, I was chasing something a lot more valuable (to me at least) than copper cents. Maybe I'm just old now, but I would think and hope teenagers aren't spending way too much time sorting coins, and not enough time chasing girls. You only live once, and you don't get those years back when you get older.

Don't worry I still hang out with my friends and family plenty, and I am enjoying life for what it is at the moment!

Last edited by a moderator:

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
Wish I would have CRHd and bought silver in high school! Silver was cheap and plentiful.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Please don't come home with $150 in change. And go bring your copper pennies to a coin star." :laughing9:

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Nautilus DMCII-Ba
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol my mom is AWESOME!! she buys my half dumps off me :D

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents did NOTHING for me. All they did was:

Conceive me
Care for me through infancy
Provide for my medical care for 20 years
Feed me for 18 years
Assist in my education for 18 years
Act as mentors continuously
Provide all manors of support, emotional, parenting, baby sitting, etc, from 0 to 32 years
Food, clothing, supplies, hobbies, mentorship, transportation, guidance, etc 0-32 years
Etc, etc, etc....

Yeah, my parents were TERRIBLE. I wish I had never listened/learned from them. They did nothing for me...

Listen to your parents/elders. You may not like it, but they know more than you. Fact of life. Learn from them.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Meh my parents are another story, drugs and alcohol and abuse and stuff... but this thread cracks me up.:headbang:

Chief Mcchiefer

Jul 12, 2012
Atlanta, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS Groundhog,F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL i glad someone did this im new to TNET and i was beginning to think this was some kind of teenage EMO site instead of a treasure hunting site. I think they all just need a hug lol.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind I am several.... ok alot of years past the parents telling me what I can and can not do. That being said we have a great relationship and talk often.

When I first started this hobby my mother told me "You are wasting your TIME"!! "You are burning up gas to find skunks." "There is no silver left because everyone looks for it"....speaking of its about time for a currier culls silver thread.

After making a good hit on a box of halves and letting mother pull the silver from my hand out of the rolls she now helps me sort my boxes.

She called yesterday to be sure I had boxes ordered for next week and how many boxes for Monday.

It is hard to justify this hobby while the skunks are running wild but, when the silver vien hits the proof is in the keepers and attitudes change.

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My parents hated it when i CRH'ed but a few months back i pulled out a solid dime roll, and let my mom empty it and look up the price, now she askes me when we should go to the bank and preorders my coins

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently I went home on vacation and found my mother had 1,700 dollars in change that she had been saving for a few years. We went thru it all and found about 160.00 bucks in melt value. She said when we go turn this in I wanna pick up some half dollars at the bank and go thru them too! hahaha

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Get enough silver and you won't have to chase girls, they will come to you....:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread