Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FormerTeller

Thread: HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2011
    616 times

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

I was out dumping Saturday, and stocking up for Sunday - mostly dimes, nickels, and pennies - and of course asking for halves at each bank. At one branch the teller had halves in her tray, and when I asked for them she said they had $280 more in the vault. At this particular branch, I assumed they were dumps, so I asked for only $100 worth. However, as it took awhile for the vault teller to get there, I decided it would be stupid not to take them all, so I did.

Image my excitement when she started counted them out, and I saw 1964 written on the first roll! However, as she filled the box, every one I could see had 1964 written on it. This kind of dampened my enthusiasm, since it would make sense to have a mix of dates, rather than the same date on every roll, but I was still excited as I left the bank. As soon as I got into my car, I opened the first roll up and saw... clad. Next roll... clad. Some joker had labeled his dumps 1964 - real freaking funny.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04547.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	661089

I put them aside, continued on my rounds, and eventually made it home, where I got back into the dream box I had started the night before (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/co...ther-pics.html). Today, I got into the dimes and nickels, finding a lone 43P war nickel - not bad all things considered. After awhile, I decided to quickly go through the "1964's". just to see if the wit had overlooked something. Turns out, he hadn't; roll after roll of more clad junk.

Then I noticed that one of the rolls didn't have anything written on it. Not really expecting anything, I opened it up to find:

Name:	DSC04545.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	661091

7 40%'ers!

I quickly checked through the rest of the rolls, and found one more that didn't have writing on it:

Name:	DSC04550.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	661093

13 more 40%!!!

When I opened that first roll and saw silver, I just couldn't stop laughing. A solid roll out of what I thought was going to be pure junk!

Incredibly, it's still out there! Good luck and HH!

FT
    Easy likes this.

us
    Apr 2011
    201 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Awesome!! always take them all and have the last laugh!!

Also, I think those 1964 rolls are an awesome practical joke :-) I would never waste the time though, I always coinlock dump!

HH,
    Bigheed

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    1020 times
    silver surfing
    That aint workin, that's the way you do it, money for nothin and....
    Buy 'em all, always possible a couple stray rolls end up in the batch, congrats

us
    Aug 2011
    818 times
    So your saying clad is junk Good man your my kind of guy!!!

us
    Apr 2011
    616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TimZim View Post
    So your saying clad is junk Good man your my kind of guy!!!

You must be old school .

Back in the 80's, when I was at the bank, to us clad meant 40% silver-clad. Now however, I use the term as most do here, referring to copper-nickel clad.

us
    May 2012
    AZ
    148 times
    NICE FINDS!!!!!!!

us
    Aug 2011
    5 times
    Welcome to my Hunting Ground!! Can't believe the Teller didn't tell me about those 2 rolls that has the the Ag-Clads...
    Last edited by cbrtriple8; Aug 08, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Sponsors