HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I was out dumping Saturday, and stocking up for Sunday - mostly dimes, nickels, and pennies - and of course asking for halves at each bank. At one branch the teller had halves in her tray, and when I asked for them she said they had $280 more in the vault. At this particular branch, I assumed they were dumps, so I asked for only $100 worth. However, as it took awhile for the vault teller to get there, I decided it would be stupid not to take them all, so I did.

Image my excitement when she started counted them out, and I saw 1964 written on the first roll! However, as she filled the box, every one I could see had 1964 written on it. This kind of dampened my enthusiasm, since it would make sense to have a mix of dates, rather than the same date on every roll, but I was still excited as I left the bank. As soon as I got into my car, I opened the first roll up and saw... clad. Next roll... clad. Some joker had labeled his dumps 1964 - real freaking funny.
:BangHead:

DSC04547.JPG

I put them aside, continued on my rounds, and eventually made it home, where I got back into the dream box I had started the night before (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/306411-found-dream-boxs-brother-pics.html). Today, I got into the dimes and nickels, finding a lone 43P war nickel - not bad all things considered. After awhile, I decided to quickly go through the "1964's". just to see if the wit had overlooked something. Turns out, he hadn't; roll after roll of more clad junk.

Then I noticed that one of the rolls didn't have anything written on it. Not really expecting anything, I opened it up to find:

DSC04545.JPG

7 40%'ers! 8-)

I quickly checked through the rest of the rolls, and found one more that didn't have writing on it:

DSC04550.JPG

13 more 40%!!!
:occasion14:

When I opened that first roll and saw silver, I just couldn't stop laughing. A solid roll out of what I thought was going to be pure junk!

:laughing7: :laughing9: :laughing7:

Incredibly, it's still out there! Good luck and HH!

FT

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! always take them all and have the last laugh!!

Also, I think those 1964 rolls are an awesome practical joke :-) I would never waste the time though, I always coinlock dump!

HH,
Bigheed

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That aint workin, that's the way you do it, money for nothin and....
Buy 'em all, always possible a couple stray rolls end up in the batch, congrats

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your saying clad is junk??? Good man your my kind of guy!!!

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
So your saying clad is junk??? Good man your my kind of guy!!!

You must be old school ;).

Back in the 80's, when I was at the bank, to us clad meant 40% silver-clad. Now however, I use the term as most do here, referring to copper-nickel clad.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
Welcome to my Hunting Ground!! Can't believe the Teller didn't tell me about those 2 rolls that has the the Ag-Clads...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions