First small win

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After searching a roll of halves (skunked) and 70 dollars of dime rolls I got one silver. :( Small but still a win I guess. Discouraged but I guess its better than nothing.

Shoot that actually pretty good.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I've done dimes once. $80 in BWR and $150 in brinks. Only yielded one silver (1948 P from the BWR)That's pretty good for only doing 70 worth
Really? These were all paper machine wrapped from a BoA branch.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheepdog_tx said:
After searching a roll of halves (skunked) and 70 dollars of dime rolls I got one silver. :( Small but still a win I guess. Discouraged but I guess its better than nothing.

Ya, like easy said, one silver dime out of $70 is pretty good. I'm happy when I get one out of a box. ($250 per box) I did a box today and got skunked.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking with quarters being one of the hardest to score on, nickels being such a narrow date silver was made, and halves being special order that dimes are really my only bet for bank teller handy rolls. :(

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking with quarters being one of the hardest to score on, nickels being such a narrow date silver was made, and halves being special order that dimes are really my only bet for bank teller handy rolls. :(

I started CRHin in April and I started with dimes Because They're very easily obtained and produced fairly well for me. They are the next best thing to halfs but you'll never get a box of dime That produces like halfs could.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
Yup, that ain't bad at all. There seem to be a lot of reports of solid rolls on here recently, but if you read back a few months you'll see lots of talk of skunk streaks where folks were searching several boxes of halves and finding nothing. For dimes the average is usually about 1 per $250 box, and halves probably 2 per $500. Finding 1 silver dime in $70 is a better rate than most find around here.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheepdog_tx said:

Start with dimes but always ask for halves and big dollar coins. If they have them, take them all. Cwr and loose from the teller tray often produce better then boxes. Good luck!

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uggh $200 dimes, $120 of quarters, and $50 in nickels in and about $40 in halves and I only got only one thin dime of silver. :(

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheepdog_tx said:
Uggh $200 dimes, $120 of quarters, and $50 in nickels in and about $40 in halves and I only got only one thin dime of silver. :(

Are you looking for war nicks and .999 Canadian nicks? Buffaloes?

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you looking for war nicks and .999 Canadian nicks? Buffaloes?

All the above. In nickels seems 99% 10 years or newer. Other day I got 10 rolls of new 2012s uncirculated. :o

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't mean to burst your bubble but that sounds about right. Sometimes more and sometimes skunk. The other day I did a box of haves a box of quarters and a box of dimes and 2 boxs of nickels = 1 silver dime 1 war nickel.....

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't let yourself get discouraged. The skunks will suck but you gotta take the good with the bad. Any silver is better than none at all. Keep at it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread