Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By madwest
  • 3 Post By smitty58d

Thread: What to do what to do?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2012
    33 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What to do what to do?

Ok so I pick up 900 bucks in CWR's today at a local bank. about $400 worth had an address label and phone number attatched to each roll of which I pulled 4 silvers total. Why were the labels left on? Can you see where I am going with this? I have already made my decision of call or not to call so let me know what you all would do. I also asked the manager of the bank who the person was and she said it was a little old lady.

900 in CWR:

1964 x2
    1968 x2
    Last edited by smitty58d; Aug 09, 2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: add info

us
    Seeker of enough wealth to quit my job.

Jul 2012
    Freakmont
    208 times
    Call her and do what , see if you can rob her of any remaining silver she might have? LOL.....

us
    Feb 2012
    704 times
    I'm unsure of what the address and phone number meant. Were they stolen from her? or, did she order the halves and you got hers? If it's the first, call her, if it's the second, hell no

us
    Jun 2011
    Wisconsin
    109 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    I assume that the name/addr was on the rolls of CWR because banks used to require that info or an acct # on CWR. It is somewhat antiquated now, but used to be common.

I wouldn't call. Sure, there is a slim chance you could find someone who would like to get a little more than face value for some of their coins, but there are potential negative consequences.

If the little 'ol lady doesn't care for being contacted by a total stranger- based on the leaking of personal information by her bank, she might raise hell with the bank. The bank then reacts by instructing tellers to never give out CWR. That would be bad for you and bad for the hobby. The tellers involved might be disciplined over allowing client personal information to be leaked.
    Last edited by madwest; Aug 09, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
    A Penny Sorted is a Penny Earned

Salute the LOOT

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1280 times
    i am not a greedy person, but i wouldn't call, being an elderly lady, she might not feel comfortable meeting somebody in a parking lot somewhere...
    hh
    buff
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Feb 2012
    33 times
    Yeah I wasnt going to call. That would be a weird situation. I was dissapointed that the bank didnt take the address labels off. To many weirdos out there to keep someones personnel information on the rolls they turned in. On another note I got $300 in re-rolled (brinks) halves the other day at a different bank that had the customers last name and account number on them. Come on isnt some of this info supposed to be private
    madwest, BuffaloBoy and MrSchulz like this.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    1006 times
    silver surfing
    In the millions of customer rolls I've bought, some blank, some crossed out, some with entire info, and everything in between.

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    All you should do is either shred the rolls or burn them.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Sponsors