What to do what to do?

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I pick up 900 bucks in CWR's today at a local bank. about $400 worth had an address label and phone number attatched to each roll of which I pulled 4 silvers total. Why were the labels left on? Can you see where I am going with this???? I have already made my decision of call or not to call so let me know what you all would do. I also asked the manager of the bank who the person was and she said it was a little old lady.

900 in CWR:

1964 x2
1968 x2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call her and do what , see if you can rob her of any remaining silver she might have? LOL..... :p

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm unsure of what the address and phone number meant. Were they stolen from her? or, did she order the halves and you got hers? If it's the first, call her, if it's the second, hell no

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I assume that the name/addr was on the rolls of CWR because banks used to require that info or an acct # on CWR. It is somewhat antiquated now, but used to be common.

I wouldn't call. Sure, there is a slim chance you could find someone who would like to get a little more than face value for some of their coins, but there are potential negative consequences.

If the little 'ol lady doesn't care for being contacted by a total stranger- based on the leaking of personal information by her bank, she might raise hell with the bank. The bank then reacts by instructing tellers to never give out CWR. That would be bad for you and bad for the hobby. The tellers involved might be disciplined over allowing client personal information to be leaked.

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am not a greedy person, but i wouldn't call, being an elderly lady, she might not feel comfortable meeting somebody in a parking lot somewhere...
hh
buff

OP
OP
smitty58d

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I wasnt going to call. That would be a weird situation. I was dissapointed that the bank didnt take the address labels off. To many weirdos out there to keep someones personnel information on the rolls they turned in. On another note I got $300 in re-rolled (brinks) halves the other day at a different bank that had the customers last name and account number on them. Come on isnt some of this info supposed to be private???

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
In the millions of customer rolls I've bought, some blank, some crossed out, some with entire info, and everything in between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread