maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You can see what I just got from Loomis yesterday and why I won't search them again, it's further down the page " Some dumps and some silver" HH,
Maverick.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boxes all come from Loomis. No choice. Every bank within 50+ miles of me uses Loomis.

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My boxes all come from Loomis. No choice. Every bank within 50+ miles of me uses Loomis.

How do your results seem to compare to others who use brinks and Garda? I'm about to open up an account at a bank that uses Loomis to increase my quantity of halves, so I'm curious how it compares.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do your results seem to compare to others who use brinks and Garda? I'm about to open up an account at a bank that uses Loomis to increase my quantity of halves, so I'm curious how it compares.

I understand what you're asking, but where the coins come from makes no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. As CRHers we are looking for silver coins that have been cashed in to a bank for whatever reason..."hard times", someone inherited grandpa's collection and has no knowledge of coins and value, someone stole grandpa's collection, etc. These coins are just as likely to get cashed in at a bank that uses Loomis as Brinks or Grada. Or vice-versa.

What my Loomis boxes produce will have no bearing whatsoever on what your Loomis boxes produce. Just because someone's Brinks boxes somewhere produce well does not mean that Brinks boxes produce well everywhere. Just because someone else's Loomis boxes produce terribly does not mean that all Loomis boxes are terrible.

All you can do is order and see what happens.

Last edited:

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never done halves, but all my loomis stuff produces greatly. Dimes, nickels, pennies. :)
Just can't afford to do halves yet.

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand what you're asking, but where the coins come from makes no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. As CRHers we are looking for silver coins that have been cashed in to a bank for whatever reason..."hard times", someone inherited grandpa's collection and has no knowledge of coins and value, someone stole grandpa's collection, etc. These coins are just as likely to get cashed in at a bank that uses Loomis as Brinks or Grada. Or vice-versa.

What my Loomis boxes produce will have no bearing whatsoever on what your Loomis boxes produce. Just because someone's Brinks boxes somewhere produce well does not mean that Brinks boxes produce well everywhere. Just because someone else's Loomis boxes produce terribly does not mean that all Loomis boxes are terrible.

All you can do is order and see what happens.

I understand what you are saying, but it's not like I'm some uneducated amateur. I know that it seems that it does not matter which carrier you use, but it does matter in the area that I am in. Some people do great with Brinks in their area while Garda seems that the silver was sucked into a black hole. For some it is the other way around. All I was trying to do was get a few people perspectives on how compares to other carriers in their area. Is it wrong for me to ask a question?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand what you are saying, but it's not like I'm some uneducated amateur. I know that it seems that it does not matter which carrier you use, but it does matter in the area that I am in. Some people do great with Brinks in their area while Garda seems that the silver was sucked into a black hole. For some it is the other way around. All I was trying to do was get a few people perspectives on how compares to other carriers in their area. Is it wrong for me to ask a question?

Its never wrong to ask a question. I wasn't "talking down" to you. Maybe I chose my words poorly. I have re-read my pevious posts a few times, and while it doesn't sound that way to me, I sincerely apologize if you took it that way.

With that said, I was just merely trying to point out that the answer to your question will hold no relevance whatsoever to the amount of silver that may or may not be lurking in the Loomis boxes you are thinking about ordering. That would be similar to me in Arkansas debating on whether or not to go fishing tomorrow and asking someone in California if they have been catching any fish lately. The answer simply doesn't matter. Judging by your last post, you understand that. I just incorrectly assumed that by asking that particular question that you were going to base your decision on whether or not to "try out" Loomis on the replies that you received.

Also, when someone asks a question on a forum such as this, typically there are often others as well with the same question. Out of shyness, fear of looking like a "noob", etc., they refrain from asking the question. My reply was intended for those people as well as you. Again, there was no disrespect intended on my part.

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Its never wrong to ask a question. I wasn't "talking down" to you. Maybe I chose my words poorly. I have re-read my pevious posts a few times, and while it doesn't sound that way to me, I sincerely apologize if you took it that way.

With that said, I was just merely trying to point out that the answer to your question will hold no relevance whatsoever to the amount of silver that may or may not be lurking in the Loomis boxes you are thinking about ordering. That would be similar to me in Arkansas debating on whether or not to go fishing tomorrow and asking someone in California if they have been catching any fish lately. The answer simply doesn't matter. Judging by your last post, you understand that. I just incorrectly assumed that by asking that particular question that you were going to base your decision on whether or not to "try out" Loomis on the replies that you received.

Also, when someone asks a question on a forum such as this, typically there are often others as well with the same question. Out of shyness, fear of looking like a "noob", etc., they refrain from asking the question. My reply was intended for those people as well as you. Again, there was no disrespect intended on my part.

I understand and I feel that I took your post in the wrong way. Sorry for that, and I will try to take your advice in the future as you are more experinced.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive done huge volume from Loomis and huge volume from Dunbar, and a decent volume from Brinks- What I can say is Loomis is my most consistent producer- It tends to produce several / box with sometimes producing 20+ / box. Dunbar is more streaky- 10+/box or nothing. I have had bad luck with Brinks in my more limited experience.

This is coming from over a million halves searched-
N8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions