Coin Hopper: Asahi Seiko NH-1 vs IGT S2000 vs Cube Hopper MK2

atom12

Greenie
Aug 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all... I'm building a penny sorter to start collecting copper.

I'm looking at which hopper to get and I see the Asahi Seiko NH-1 Nickel Hopper looks like it can feed pennies without any modifications for around $60~$80. The IGT S2000 looks like I can get it for about $30, but I need to replace some parts to convert it from $.25 to $.01. And the Cube Hopper MK2 is the same feeder as the Ryedale but I'm not sure how much it costs without a quote.

I see a lot of people using the ISG S2000, but not really much mention of the Asahi Seiko NH-1's.

Is there a reason the NH-1 really isn't used much or is it just not really common... hard to find parts... or something else?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all... I'm building a penny sorter to start collecting copper.

I'm looking at which hopper to get and I see the Asahi Seiko NH-1 Nickel Hopper looks like it can feed pennies without any modifications for around $60~$80. The IGT S2000 looks like I can get it for about $30, but I need to replace some parts to convert it from $.25 to $.01. And the Cube Hopper MK2 is the same feeder as the Ryedale but I'm not sure how much it costs without a quote.

I see a lot of people using the ISG S2000, but not really much mention of the Asahi Seiko NH-1's.

Is there a reason the NH-1 really isn't used much or is it just not really common... hard to find parts... or something else?

Thanks!

The . . . hoppers are . . .

The . . . hopper . . . holds . . . coins and needs . . . At single qty, they quoted me $? for that hopper nearly a yr ago. Who knows if the price has changed?

. . .

Last edited:

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How accurate are sorters on average? How do pennies sorters handle oddities surch as canadians, heavily worn/damaged corns, odd weights if you got a gold coin or the like.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
How accurate are sorters on average? How do pennies sorters handle oddities surch as canadians, heavily worn/damaged corns, odd weights if you got a gold coin or the like.

They just sort out copper or not copper. If. The Canadian is copper, it goes in the copper bin. If not, it goes in the not copper bin (zinc/other) same for gold coins and stuff. That's why I'm iffy about using a copper sorter. Plus, I get an oz of silver and that's about my profit from 100 lbs of copper! So silver contains much less weight for profit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread