I cant take it, and my wife thinks(knows) Im crazy

MGaddy

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2006
I can't take it, and my wife thinks(knows) I'm crazy

I happened on this board because I was looking for metal detecting stuff, and being bored, just started going through the posts. Well, I started getting this little itch behind my left ear, which of course, has now spread throughout. Yesterday I said, "Honey, you got any cash, I'm just gonna run in here for a sec". Of course we didn't have an account at this bank, so she was wondering what I was doing. Came back with 15 halves 2 were silver, BINGO. Stopped at 2 other banks and found only one other half. Today I went to the bank inside the grocery store and came away with 24, but alas no silver. Went to my regular bank and ordered a box, Oh Yeah, but now will have to wait till next Friday, what the heck am I going to do now.

This is exciting,(if you would have talked to me a week ago, I might have said Crazy instead)

Mark

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I can't take it, and my wife thinks(knows) I'm crazy

Welcome to the addiction Mark! Look forward to your finds and posts. There's no going back now...

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx

I haven't did it yet but sure is getting to me. I have been just trying to read the post but I have two try this at least once it is killing me

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx

I am trying to get my wife to let me do it but she said it is stupid why spend money on money in change. where do you take it.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1

:D :D LOL :D :D

Im just sitting here shaking my head and laughing hhaha. I thought this
urge to find and discover stuff was built into human genetics, but it obviously
isnt in everyone !

My suggestion for anybody with spousal disagreeance. Use my approach or my
actual factual info for getting permission :) I simply told my wife about a month ago...
"Hey Honey, that box of halves I just got - well - it covered this months mortage. Let
me go return this box for the $500 in bills again, so it can go in your purse."

They cant hardly argue :)

Or just the basic and very simple example. " Hey Honey - can I partake in a hobby that will
cost absolutely nothing - that I will really really enjoy ?" hehe

Good luck all, just be prepared for a major addiction.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

You need to slightly edit that to "...can I partake in a hobby that will give me free money - that I will really really enjoy?"
;)

Smithrow1

Aug 2, 2006

I get 1 box on wed and 2 on thursday but the banks closed on thursday for Thanksgiving :(

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK

My wife was/is the same way. She gets very nervous when I start "playing with money". Even when I made $527 profit in my first month she still wasn't comfortable with it. So to remedy the situation I sold some of MY stuff and that is what I CRH with. When I brake the $500 mark (which will be when I sell my silver next week) It will become a self sufficient hobby and no longer requires joint funds. That way we are both happy ;D

HH
Mr.T

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my sweetys happy that i found a hobby that makes me smile and act like a little kid again.i took all my spare change for the year(300)and the money i found mding(shy of a 100)and a small amount of begging got my 500.now she dosen't mind me going out on a sat afternoon hitting some banks(plus a little free time ain't bad ;))

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi,my name is Rob and i'm an addict!
I've only went through one box so far but now I can't stop.
I don't know what i'm going to do till next week.
Please I need help. ;D ;D ;D :D

Now take the advice of MalteseFalcon and explain,it's free money when you find the silver! If you don't find ,then your still not out anything.As for redepositing,i'll just take it to another branch across town somewhere.If your in a small town,consider opening another account for depositing coin only.Deposit coin,withdraw paper.Keep a few dollars in it just to keep it active.You can't go wrong with this,it's a win win situation.

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx

but what do you do with the keepers and the silver to make money

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Welcome to the forum and hobby MGaddy. I hope your banks do not give you any problems with turning in halves. That might be perhaps the only problem down the road. Some of us that are in rural areas a ways from larger cities get shafted on that one. Our banks accept them halves for a bit, until the first time they have to send 2k or 3k on the armored truck.

Them OMG for some of them. It's a plague...GOTTA charge 10% sir sorry. LoL they don't even have to roll them nor do they have to hand count.

Good luck with your box coming. I hope you do very well,

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
M

MGaddy

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2006

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yeah, the only part I'm dreading is taking them back to a bank to turn them in, I have a very good relationship with one, so it shouldn't be a problem(just wish I had ordered the box from a different bank).
You will all be proud of me, last night the pizza delivery guy ended up with $12 in halves.

Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread