Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Wickaboag's CRH Log

Hey All :hello:
Wicka here!
Just going to post a thread of my finds, (my log to be honest) I haven't found anything recently, but will be commenting every time I hunt with what I hunted and if I'm lucky, what I found! Just doing this so I am not always cluttering up the forums with small finds here and there. All are welcome to comment, but please do not cause grief on my thread, please don't "flame" or "hate" on my thread. Please be respectful to myself, and all others on this thread! Thank you for your interest in my finds.
If you wish to PM about anything please feel free to!
Welcome All
(14) Box of Pennies. Wheats (~400) IHC (0)
(6) Box of Dimes. Rosies (4) Mercs (1) Canadians (1964 80%)
(9) Box of Nickels. War Nicks (8) Buffs (3)
(2) Box of Quarters. Washingtons(2)

(59) Rolls of Quarters. (2) (198 Washingtons) (2 dateless standing libertys) (5 SOLID ROLLS!) (
(132) Rolls of Dimes. Rosies (7) Canadians (2) Merc (1)
(30) Rolls of Nickels. War Nickels (2) Buffalo (0)
(49) Loose Halves. 40% (10) 90% (0)

Teller Tray Finds- Silver Dimes (1) Silver Washington (1)

(9) Dad's Laundry Quarters- Silver Washingtons (18)
^Estimated 250$ at a time. once every few weeks.
$100 loose change (1 2008 Arizona State Quarter silver proof!)

Totals- Silver
(10) 40% Silver Kennedy Half
(224) 90% Silver Washington Quarters
(24) 90% Rossevelt Dimes
(2) 80% Canadian 1964 dime
(1) 50% Canadian 1968 dime
(11) 35% War Nickels
(2) Mercury Dime :D :D :D

Total Face Value :$**.**

Cheers! :occasion14:

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job Wicka! I just wanted to say that I think you sound like such a nice young man & are always so respectful & positive in your posts. It is very refreshing to see someone of your age acting like that. Keep on hunting & posting!!

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Yay :D I got two comments from Mrs. CRH so far. :D :D :D :)
Thank you very much on the comments, I try my hardest to be as kind and respectful as I can be, wish everyone else was.
Hope you enjoy the thread :)
Best of luck in your hunts Mrs.CRH :)
Wicka :notworthy:

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree! Awesome score on those quarters BTW.

Thank you, I was very surprised when I saw two staring at me, and I got home and said dad I got two silvers so far, he asked how I knew they were silvers, and I told him they were "whitish color" and silver rims, not sandwich. He immediately looked and grabbed one off from the change. I took the coins to look through them and found 13 total :)

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Wickaboag said:
Thank you, I was very surprised when I saw two staring at me, and I got home and said dad I got two silvers so far, he asked how I knew they were silvers, and I told him they were "whitish color" and silver rims, not sandwich. He immediately looked and grabbed one off from the change. I took the coins to look through them and found 13 total :)

How's your road trip crh going?

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh not good, never got the chance to stop at a bank. :( Not to bad, I went to the Gateway to the West Arch in St. Louis today. I just never had the cash on me when we stopped anywhere.
Good vacation home though! And thank you for asking :)
Wicka

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome job wicka, keep at it!! i like seeing other penny searchers on here!! hmm, 400 wheats in 13 penny boxes is like 30 per box, sweet! if I average 15 per box i am doing very well, keep searching, you'll find your indian head cent soon!
good luck,
hh
buff

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey BuffaloBoy,
As always thank you for replying :)
I do well with pennies, but am going to start to stack some silver, hoping to do a nickel box, and a penny box tomorrow.
Maybe an IHC sitting in the bank waiting for me? Why not!
Wicka :)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job on the Quarters there Wicka! I've kinda givin up on them, I tried a few boxes and never found any, I have 6 total but thats it. HH, Maverick.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed on the good quarter finds! I only have two of them from CRHing at work, they sure are hard to find. Nice going, Wickaboag! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't mean to sound... like a conspiracy theorist, but I think there are a lot of silver quarters still out there in boxes, and CWRs.. (Most) have passed them off as over searched, but no one ever says on here, "5 boxes of quarters, all skunks!" I've seen "5 rolls of quarters skunked" but never much in the way of big volume.. Well, thank you for the comments on the finds :D
Much Appreciated. (to both Boris, and Mav)

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't mean to sound... like a conspiracy theorist, but I think there are a lot of silver quarters still out there in boxes, and CWRs.. (Most) have passed them off as over searched, but no one ever says on here, "5 boxes of quarters, all skunks!" I've seen "5 rolls of quarters skunked" but never much in the way of big volume.. Well, thank you for the comments on the finds :D
Much Appreciated. (to both Boris, and Mav)

i agree, when I'm at my dump bank, i see a CRH getting 3 boxes of quarters every time. I also see other CRH's and the Post office taking boxes of quarters at my pickup bank

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
See I think they are out there, but they are so.. written off before trying that they are just sitting there in circulation with (hardly) anyone questioning that they are really gone or not.. I mean, I search 200$ or so worth with my dads laundry stuff, and got 13 once! They've got to be there somewhere, unless the lady said "Oh. Im going to use all these old coins my grandpa left me.. on laundry.."
That's ridiculous, I think they are out there, like halves, skunk streaks are obviously going to happen... but they are out there =)
Happy Hunting!
Wicka.
PS: Yes, I will stick with dimes, and do periodical searches of quarters when feeling ambitious. ;D
:occasion14:

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey All, Just me here.
Letting you all know tomorrow I will be hitting the bank up for some coins!! An unsuccessful trip today was frustrating.. (teller said they "didn't do boxes unless I wanted to order and pay the fees" >:(
Will be hopefully doing a lot of CRH tomorrow. going to be there at 9am when the door opens, until I gotta leave for football! Gunna get a box of nickels to start out with, and a ton of dime wrappers, because I have a 150 or so in dimes I need to wrap.. >:l then will go back and get a box of dimes :)
In all, hoping to get AT LEAST three boxes tomorrow.. (OF DIMES)
Goal: 5 silver dimes (hopefully 4 rosies and a merc :D ;D :)] And a war nickel or two!!
:occasion14:
Wicka

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck tomorrow Wicka!, Maverick.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Maverick, always good to have some luck on my side!
I'll let you all know how I do, hopefully 1000's of silver dimes! (why not right? ;D)
Wicka

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey wicka... one of these days i will dedicate a day to picking up quarter boxes, as many as i could get my hands on, until then, no quarters for me!
hh
buff

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Do it buff! get like two or three boxes, just to see what happens, what's the worse? a couple of skunks? (like that's never happened before!)
Best that could happen? Get 6k silver washingtons :D?
Good luck :P
Wicka

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've done $3,600 in quarters this year(7 boxes and $100 MWR), all skunks... i don't have high hopes, but you never know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread