Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    us
    Apr 2012
    Virginia Beach, VA
    ACE 250
    129
    41 times
    Metal Detecting

    Bank workers where are you?

    Does anyone here work at a bank? If so lets hear some of the "perks" of working at the bank, like free run of the vault, ordering boxes every day, snatching up old coin and paper money that co-workers have saved for you etc.. Would be nice to get paid for indulging in your hobby.

  2. #2
    Charter Member

    Jan 2007
    1,224
    29 times
    My guess would be those days are mostly over or fading fast. You might find a teller in a smaller bank with the time or the freedom to search coins but I would bet the larger banks would frown upon someone riding the timeclock searching for silver. We have all heard the stories of the little old ladies cashing in tons of silver at face value, but I don't think the tellers would get first dibs. Their bosses maybe ! JP
    -

  3. #3

    Aug 2012
    USA
    488
    118 times
    Coin Roll Hunting Dimes
    I walked in my pickup bank liked usually getting my 3 boxes of dimes. the teller told me this:

    Teller: How old are you?

    Me: 14

    Teller: when your old enough, maybe we can help you get a job here, so you can take all the boxes of dimes you want!

    Me: that'd be great!
    ***2013 RESULTS***

    Dimes
    CRW 3752$ : 30 Silver dimes -
    MWR 950$ : 2 Silver dimes


    Pennies
    CRW3$ : 7 wheats
    MWR 25$ : 20 wheats

    Quarters:
    MWR 50$: Nope
    CWR 220$: Nope (repacked dumps)

    Nickels
    CWR 10$ : 0 Nope
    MWR 600$ : 13 Silvers 3 buffalos, 1 misaligned die

    TELLER TRAY:
    1 1964

    125$ in halves:
    2 40%

    Reject:
    15$ Foreign money 17 silver dimes, 200$ clad,2 silver quarters
    4.14 ounces of silver collected in 2013

  4. #4
    us
    Aug 2012
    New England
    1,769
    470 times
    Coin Roll Hunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by D1MES_101
    I walked in my pickup bank liked usually getting my 3 boxes of dimes. the teller told me this:

    Teller: How old are you?

    Me: 14

    Teller: when your old enough, maybe we can help you get a job here, so you can take all the boxes of dimes you want!

    Me: that'd be great!
    My bank Said the same thing. My grandma is manager and cousin is head teller. :P I think tht would be a pleasant job.

  5. #5

    Aug 2012
    USA
    488
    118 times
    Coin Roll Hunting Dimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickaboag View Post
    My bank Said the same thing. My grandma is manager and cousin is head teller. :P I think tht would be a pleasant job.
    im sure it would! I dont have any family members at my bank, so i dont know how its like
    ***2013 RESULTS***

    Dimes
    CRW 3752$ : 30 Silver dimes -
    MWR 950$ : 2 Silver dimes


    Pennies
    CRW3$ : 7 wheats
    MWR 25$ : 20 wheats

    Quarters:
    MWR 50$: Nope
    CWR 220$: Nope (repacked dumps)

    Nickels
    CWR 10$ : 0 Nope
    MWR 600$ : 13 Silvers 3 buffalos, 1 misaligned die

    TELLER TRAY:
    1 1964

    125$ in halves:
    2 40%

    Reject:
    15$ Foreign money 17 silver dimes, 200$ clad,2 silver quarters
    4.14 ounces of silver collected in 2013

  6. #6
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    #7
    8,845
    1020 times
    silver surfing
    Have a family member that works at a bank. I've obtained solid rolls of steel wheats, lots o silver dimes, halves, war nicks and the like. Some of the girls have amassed quite a collection. One teller blocked about 20 silver dollars, brought in by an elderly gent that wanted paper money, even after he was tutored on the value of his coin.

  7. #7
    us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    1,497
    419 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    One of my pickups has two or three tellers who cherry pick silver.

  8. #8

    Aug 2012
    USA
    488
    118 times
    Coin Roll Hunting Dimes
    Quote Originally Posted by namster View Post
    One of my pickups has two or three tellers who cherry pick silver.
    you are 1 post away from 1,000 posts, how do you feel now?
    ***2013 RESULTS***

    Dimes
    CRW 3752$ : 30 Silver dimes -
    MWR 950$ : 2 Silver dimes


    Pennies
    CRW3$ : 7 wheats
    MWR 25$ : 20 wheats

    Quarters:
    MWR 50$: Nope
    CWR 220$: Nope (repacked dumps)

    Nickels
    CWR 10$ : 0 Nope
    MWR 600$ : 13 Silvers 3 buffalos, 1 misaligned die

    TELLER TRAY:
    1 1964

    125$ in halves:
    2 40%

    Reject:
    15$ Foreign money 17 silver dimes, 200$ clad,2 silver quarters
    4.14 ounces of silver collected in 2013

  9. #9
    us
    Apr 2012
    Virginia Beach, VA
    ACE 250
    129
    41 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by D1MES_101 View Post
    you are 1 post away from 1,000 posts, how do you feel now?
    Like he did when he was 3 away from 100?

  10. #10
    us
    Seeker of enough wealth to quit my job.

    Jul 2012
    Freakmont
    940
    208 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by D1MES_101 View Post
    you are 1 post away from 1,000 posts, how do you feel now?
    Lol

  11. #11

    Apr 2012
    17
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I'm a teller at a chase in manhattan, and while it's a great way to supplement my silver collecting addiction it's not like we as tellers can sit all day and crh lol. Some of the perks are nice though, for one I can usually get a consistent order of a box of halfs a week without any questions but due to our vault size thats about all I can get weekly. I also get to crh all the tellers coins since none of them care for the silver. Other then that in my close to 9 months here haven't really made any huge scores.

    The other perk is employees don't have to keep minimum balances in their accounts so I can get the higher end checking accounts for free and use it as leverage at other chase banks as well as
    It showing I'm an employee when I swipe my card on their systems.

    Other then that the only other perk in being a teller allowed me to see just how many coin roll hunters are around my area and I can amuse myself when people come in asking for halfs or big dollar coins.

  12. #12
    us
    Feb 2012
    283
    79 times
    coin roll hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by D1MES_101 View Post
    Teller: when your old enough, maybe we can help you get a job here, so you can take all the boxes of dimes you want!
    When you're old enough you'll know the difference between you're and your.

  13. #13
    us
    The early weasel gets the kill

    Aug 2012
    Eastern Seaboard
    Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
    521
    374 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver89 View Post
    I'm a teller at a chase in manhattan, and while it's a great way to supplement my silver collecting addiction it's not like we as tellers can sit all day and crh lol. Some of the perks are nice though, for one I can usually get a consistent order of a box of halfs a week without any questions but due to our vault size thats about all I can get weekly. I also get to crh all the tellers coins since none of them care for the silver. Other then that in my close to 9 months here haven't really made any huge scores.

    The other perk is employees don't have to keep minimum balances in their accounts so I can get the higher end checking accounts for free and use it as leverage at other chase banks as well as
    It showing I'm an employee when I swipe my card on their systems.

    Other then that the only other perk in being a teller allowed me to see just how many coin roll hunters are around my area and I can amuse myself when people come in asking for halfs or big dollar coins.
    I have probably been one of those people that came into your bank and amused you. Wow, you have some prime CRHing territory, buddy! How many ounces have you stacked away over the months if you don't mind sharing?

  14. #14

    Apr 2012
    17
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaselbrott View Post
    I have probably been one of those people that came into your bank and amused you. Wow, you have some prime CRHing territory, buddy! How many ounces have you stacked away over the months if you don't mind sharing?
    Well I don't really keep track of my coins in terms of ounces but ill give you my breakdown of what I have found since I started this hobby back in April.

    6x 90% Halves
    123 x 40 % (Made a Big score my first week with a few solid rolls)
    92 x Dimes
    12 x Silver quarters
    9 x War Nickels
    2 x Peace dollars, One of which I surprisingly found in a TD machine today that was stuck inside it while I was dumping halves.

 

 

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Steel Workers Tag
    By mlhudson in forum Finds - Alabama
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2010, 11:32 AM
  2. Robber locks bank workers in vault, leaves package
    By jeff of pa in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2010, 06:19 AM
  3. any one looking for workers willing to relocate
    By new_hunter in forum Shipwrecks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 18, 2009, 08:02 PM
  4. me and co-workers
    By vibes in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Dec 17, 2008, 08:05 PM
  5. Old workers Shack
    By Gold_pinger in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2004, 12:41 PM

Search tags for this page

antique bank safes, values

,

bank workers forums

,

how many coins in a roll of dollars

,

silver dollars teller

,

silver89

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3