Ok easier way: What banks DO charge fees for ordering, dumping

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know so far Wells Fargo does.

BoA limits dumps to $50s generally without a send off, albiet it free counting.

I hear TD has free counters for coins.

Anything else to add?
Again, it just depends on where your at. You will have to ask the branch what it's policies are. In my area Wells Fargo does not charge fees.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
From our experience every bank is different, & within every bank every branch can be different as well. While Branch 1 will charge us if we order or dump with them, Branch 2 of the same exact bank down the street will not. It seems like they all make up their own rules which is a bit frustrating as inconsistency within a company tends to frustrate it's customers. Oh well....we shall continue to do business with those that don't charge us.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it depends where you are.

There are some WF and some US Banks that charge me, and many that don't.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What banks then have change counters? I cant find a BoA that has one so thinkign my dump bank needs to have one.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a little off topic, but i can add to this statement: i deal with a bank, let's call it Bank L. Bank L has roughly 5 branches in my area. i've been to 4 of them. Here's a breakdown of what i can do with them:
Bank 1: will not order me coins, and if they did, will charge $12.50 per box fee($0.25/roll)
Bank 2: will not order me coins, but will sell me boxes when they have any avialable.
Bank 3: will order me coins, 2 boxes of halves once a month(and i take full advantage of that)
Bank 4: will order me AS MANY coins as I want, i recently got this bank 2 weeks ago by walking in off the street and asking if it were possible to order halves for me... no problem! BAM, 3 boxes ordered. 2 weeks later i am back and ordered 3 more boxes for next week.

this truely goes to show that it depends on the branch you're dealing with.

dumping works the same way as pickups, you got to get a feel for what the bank will take and know when to stop/limit what you pickup or drop off.

hope this helps!
hh
buff
From our experience every bank is different, & within every bank every branch can be different as well. While Branch 1 will charge us if we order or dump with them, Branch 2 of the same exact bank down the street will not. It seems like they all make up their own rules which is a bit frustrating as inconsistency within a company tends to frustrate it's customers. Oh well....we shall continue to do business with those that don't charge us.

Last edited:

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
What banks then have change counters? I cant find a BoA that has one so thinkign my dump bank needs to have one.

This is going to vary as well. In my area there are a couple of banks where I have seen counters in some branches but definitely not all. Most don't have them in any branches. At least my experience is that credit unions have counters most frequently.

You'll find that official policies vary widely from bank to bank and then for those banks with some stated policy the level of enforcement of that policy will vary from branch to branch. Additionally many branches will create their own policy related to coins if there isn't a strictly enforced bank-wide policy. That is what makes finding a good dump bank so difficult.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seriously??
I bet if you pick up a phone and actually make some calls to your local banks ALL your questions will be answered.
The hobby is called COIN ROLL HUNTING, which means you have to put in some work to reap any kind of rewards.
Stop trying to take the lazy way and and put in some legwork of your own.
It's not that difficult to figure out IF you are willing to actually try.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used a coin counter for dumps. I ask for wrappers every time I step foot in a bank and when I do BWR I open one end side, slide them out to check and slide them back in when I am done. I take the coins back to my dump bank and cash out. No problems.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously??
I bet if you pick up a phone and actually make some calls to your local banks ALL your questions will be answered.
The hobby is called COIN ROLL HUNTING, which means you have to put in some work to reap any kind of rewards.
Stop trying to take the lazy way and and put in some legwork of your own.
It's not that difficult to figure out IF you are willing to actually try.
Don't worry about solid rolls he has anger issues. But basically what he's saying is true, you really should just walk into branches and ask them what they prefer..

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other

Anything else to add?

TD Bank has free coin counters for account holders like me... the reject tray finds are very nice

HOWEVER: TORONTO DOMINION BANK DOES NOT HAVE COIN COUNTERS IN CANADA WHERE IT FIRST STARTED

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011

Anything else to add?

I can honestly say I've never paid a fee at Wells Fargo, BOA, or TD...

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about solid rolls he has anger issues. But basically what he's saying is true, you really should just walk into branches and ask them what they prefer..

Funny you say don't worry about what I said cause I have "anger issues"............Then you say that everything I said is true.
No anger issues here, but I do have issues with the lazy.
Make up your mind dude.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread