Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once made a pregnant lady carry half boxes to me I felt bad

yea, if they would let me behind the counter I would carry everything for them. I always feel bad when I see a women struggle.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I have to get a bag changed at a bank, they always seem to send the weakest person to do it. It really makes me feel like an ass. I'd be happy to help move the bags. Some banks are smart and have carts for tellers.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its a work place issue * banks are often in the stone ages still -- lifting large heavy sacks of coin and boxes of coins needs to be though about while moving them --to help prevent back strain * carts and other moving assist devices are availible , and banks should get them for their employees --but like many work places these days banks just say -- to "hump" it -- thus harming their employess backs in the process because their too darn cheap and do not want to spend money on making things phyiscally easier for their employees -- they want do not just want work , they want sweat and suffering for the money they pay in wages to "the help".

workers in general are often today thought of as little more than two legged "mules" to be worked as hard as possible until they drop dead or can no longer do what they want you to do phyisvally -- once that occurs the workers are to be replaced without a care as to their long term well being

Last edited:

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
In my line of work, we have minimum lift requirements. To get a job in our IT department, you must be able to lift 60+ lbs. NO EXCEPTIONS. We have 2 women in our department that can easily lift the 60 lbs - and they are small and thin.

That's an HR problem for the banks IMO

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
The bag in question weighed 21 pounds. the reason she hurt her back was STATEDE in the article that it was a GENETIC disorder in her discs. Yet she SUED the bank she worked for, and they PAID her money to get out of it.

I think she knew she had a bad back, waited until an opportunity came up whee she could blame it on something she did at work, and then started crying "wolf" in the ank, and in front of an attorney. It's people like her that make insurance rates go up so much for ALL of us.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
= worthless slug.....LMAO @ 21 lbs causing a back injury

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
21 lbs is a bit light in my veiw * when its known she has a genetic known flaw * in her back where she can not lift anything then she should simply not have allowed herself to be employed where "lifting" might need to be done--if her genetic flaw was say lactose intolerance whould she get a job tasting milk , and then blame the milk company? --thats a stupid lawsuit --settled by a bank for less than the cost of a trail lawyers fees --funny because banks normally have "house lawyers" that will be paid no matter.--guess they simply did not want to "risk it" at trail --as folks tend to hate banks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions