Bank new Anti Collector policy

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped by an old pickup bank of mine, and decided to break down and buy halves. This is the only place I don't have to order boxes of halves and can buy by the roll. Well I was told about there new coinage policy today

For EVERY amount of coin ran through the coin counter, is a flat $1.00 fee. So I asked the teller if I brought in a jar with $1.19 in it, how much would I get? She said I would get $.19.

I cashed in $25 in cents (im low on funds the next few weeks so I am doing little volume) and got $24 of my own money back. Well, I bought rolls, and this gets even better.

I asked for $20 in halves, and they said no problem but theres a fee. So I asked, and and you are charged $.15 a roll for any denomination. I agreed, figuring .30 is nothing i've blown more money than that. Well then I asked her if I could buy $4 in loose halves, she said no problem but there is a $.05 fee per coin if you don't buy them rolled. So your telling me if I asked for 10 pennies, i'd be charged .50, and she said no and didnt explain from there.

So now you have to pay to get money. Asking for coin is the same as cashing your paycheck and asking for small bills or big bills. That's fine. If they wanna charge me $1 for coinage runs, I know tons of banks that will sell me pretty boxes of 2012 D cents. I'd pay my friend 10 bucks to open every single roll in $500 in cents, and dump them in many small jars, then I can go have $1000 worth of fun for $11. Not the ethical thing to do nor will I probably ever do it, but hey they said for ANY amount of coins its only a dollar.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Sad day when you have an account with a bank lending them thousands of dollars but they literally want to nickel and dime you to death.

Ain't that the truth. My dad has the house mortgage on his house through US Bank, yet they can't allow the transaction of withdrawing funds from my account to get money, and it is no different asking for coin, than to ask for small or large bills. What next... will they start charging to give you any kind of bills when you cash your paycheck? Charge you to deposit in your account? Charge you when you don't deposit... I could go on all day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions