Copper penny stockpilers how much is "enough"?

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having the FED pull out all the copper pennies wouldnt even dent anything as far as debt goes... Our currency is circling the drain... Plus, why would the FED care about the country being in debt? Thats what it wants, so it will continue to run and own this country

You do realize, only 3% of US dollars is in physical currency? The rest is digital, and expanded upon every single day... Devaluing the rest of the currency

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If silver runs out which it never will . Then would i do copper ,No If i wanted copper just go to homedepot. I do some plumbing work and have lots of copper. I sell it all the time at the scrapyard.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
If you have money to tie up and lots of time to waste. And a very small brain keep going. I have about 200 lbs why tell me why why did i waste my time looking at all the dirty pennies???

We have a winner! But it still is fun for a while if you don't have the bankroll to search for silver.
I dumped quite a few $50 bags of copper into the coin sorter last time I moved.

Maine_Jim

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each his own. I like silver and gold because it is liquid - I can choose to hoard or sell, both are easy to do. Copper pennies are tougher - there's no ready market to see them (for more than face) that I am aware of.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper pennies are tougher - there's no ready market to see them (for more than face) that I am aware of.

This has been said many times before. They are EASY to sell for more the face if you know where to look It's just that there are easier ways to make $

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I currently have 1000 dollars in copper pennies and am still going as I do pennies also to mix with halves when I dump at machines or ask for coins first b4 asking for halves to establish myself as a coin collector and not a half collector which I find works out better for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread