My first 2k skunk streak

tp70

Banned
Aug 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a 50+ box penny skunk streak. Happened yesterday. When the oldest penny you pull is a 1993 it starts to eat at your bawls.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to different banks, at different times of the day, do a gas station run and convenience store run asking them for "fake" or "interesting" coins. A lot of people think silver quarters are fake, and when you say fake quarter, they usually know what you're talking about. Never give up, never surrender! You will have good luck this weekend, I am telling you! Silver is in the air!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
consider yourself lucky if 2k is your worst streak.....:laughing7:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm small potatoes compared to others on here, I'm now doing 10 boxes a week, but, I've been through a 7-8 thousand skunk streak on halves, it comes in waves. I had a box earlier this week ( out of 6 boxes this week) that produced awsome, my last 2 boxes last night= 1 walker and 1 skunk. So time and patience is what I recomend. It happens to everyone at some point you get that box that is great, you just have to wait. Good luck, Maverick.

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
All of my boxes this week have been Brinks busts! It's not gonna slow me down though! I'll do more volume next week! Silver is on the RISE!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Been through 2.5k in halves and dimes in the last 2 days and have pulled NOTHING.... Ughh. Any words of wisdom ?

I hate to say it, but get used to it. Double digit skunk boxes are not at all uncommon, and as more and more people get into this hobby, will occur more regularly.

:censored:

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I know my skunk streak is nothing compared to others. It just hurts because it so early on.

I know slim shady started off worse then me, but then again I don't see him much anymore. He probably quit and went back to rappin!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just finished my 8th box of half skunks. Last week one of my favorite tellers had told me she forgot to order my halves. First thought I had was that it would save me going thru 2 boxes of skunks. She offered to get me extra boxes this week, which I accepted. All skunk. At this point I'm determined to ride it out and pull a silver half out of a box. I've found plenty from cwr and teller tray but never from a box. I did find one clad proof coin in good shape so I know new coin is getting added to the supply at least a little. Found a couple unusual marked coins also. One is a half with Kennedy in color and his face blacked out. I got a laugh out of it and I'm releasing it back into the wild so someone else can enjoy it. Not giving up. HH.

Attachments

• image-4012460303.jpg
    image-4012460303.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 120

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions