Loomis or Brinks or other

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which one do you find tends to produce more? My bank uses Loomis but the boxes have been skimpy for the most part compared to some of the finds you folks have shown.
4 boxes of Halves = 9 40% clads
6 boxes dimes = 5 Rosies
1 box nickels = 1 War

I know a lot are switching to CWR but my bank never seems to have any.

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
It's not that people are "switching". It is just another source to search. I just rocked 8 boxes from Loomis for a single '69 and a crappy 74-D DDO that I would have thrown back but it does have some nice toning. I've always preferred Brinks. Not just because the results are better, but their box is sturdier. Loomis flat boxes are crap. The sides split out quite frequently.

jonojono

Jul 4, 2012
So Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My banks use Loomis and today I got 1-90% and 6-40% out of two boxes I am happy with that.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks is terrible in my area. Loomis and Garda are GTG. I have found silver in all three.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which one do you find tends to produce more? My bank uses Loomis but the boxes have been skimpy for the most part compared to some of the finds you folks have shown.
4 boxes of Halves = 9 40% clads
6 boxes dimes = 5 Rosies
1 box nickels = 1 War

I know a lot are switching to CWR but my bank never seems to have any.

Those are actually good averages... Way better than mine. It will be interesting at the end of the month when I total up my first month.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I search what I search becuase the pickup and dump system just better for me. I think that you're going to find silver in what ever you search, granted, in a certain area one might be better than another but, you're not going to know till you try some boxes out from that carrier. I see people say that Brinks sucks, I find silver in brinks, I also see killer Garda boxes posted on here all the time, Garda doesn't seem to produce for me as well, but maybe I haven't tried enough. Like I said, you might have to search a certain carrier just because the system of pivking up and dumping works better that way. In my situation, this is the case, it's just easier for me. Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions