Got my first box of halves...

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
I had to wait two weeks, but finally the bank called and told me it was in. Every roll was a rush!
I found...
25 - 40%
1 - 90% (63 Franklin)
1 - PROOF (72S)

I also came across alot of 86p 86d in good condition will coin stores buy these?
I know it's not the best box but doubt any find in the future will amount to the rush of this first box.
I think in total I found 4oz of silver.
Thanks to all.

Upvote 0

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Way to Go you are on your way to finding lots and lots of cool silver and hopefully some nice keepers too. Best Regards, Ray

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. I doubt if a coin dealer will want those 86 halves. The Kennedy half series is not real popular with most collectors, so they wont have any demand for them. Best thing to do is just go ahead and turn them back in or spend them. I find some time to time in really great shape, and if I already have one in my book I go ahead and put them back in circulation

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
My most common "nice" halves are the 1997-D. I find many of them in brilliant uncirculated condition, and got an entire box of them the other week.

But they are worth...50 cents apiece lol. So I tend to ignore them.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I might have screwed up.

I see there are 1997-D BU halves for sale on ebay. Whether they sell or not, I do not know. But the other week I had an entire box of them in fresh new Brinks wrappers.

Oh well.

They are sitting in some bank vault collecting dust now lol.
:D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions