Orders

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey All, Wicka here! :hello:
Well, I only got $503 bank roll, (yes I had to add the three ;) )
I went to a bank in town I haven't CRH'ed at yet, they said they don't carry boxes, but will be happy to order for me :D I was pretty happy, but declined for now.
I went to my usual bank, and for the first time, ordered a box of halves :D (pretty excited :o)
So my normal bank will deliver on Wednesday, and the new bank delivers on Tuesday.
I'm thinking on Tuesdays, I'll get a box of dimes, 2 of nickels, and 2 of pennies. That'll use up the $500, and I can search those boxes that night, and the next bring them to the Coin Machine :)
And pick up the halves,
Think this is a good idea? or in more then I can handle?
Wicka :)
PS: thought this would work good, because I'll get to search literally everything :D
Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Let's hope you don't find more than $3 fv of keepers? Or are shorted in any of the rolls... Or the coin counter is off...

Seems like an awfully thin margin of error.

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will work as long as you dont find more than 3 bucks worth of keepers! Whats the plan to keep atleast 500 for a bank roll. Not to make fun but if you dont get an allowance for chores I would start negotiating.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea the $3 margin is going to be a rough one, if you find over $3 worth of silver you'd better stop at the pawn shop before you hit up the bank to increase your bank roll. I'd say as long as you have a plan for this, go ahead! I love flipping around all the money I have in one day, it's exhilarating. Of course, I've also gotten the broken coin machine preventing me from getting my halves. Don't be surprised if this happens, it's always at the most inopportune times

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
Diver_Down said:
Let's hope you don't find more than $3 fv of keepers? Or are shorted in any of the rolls... Or the coin counter is off...

Seems like an awfully thin margin of error.

I dumped 200 in halves and 249.90 in dimes earlier and the Jetsort counted 172 of the dimes as CENTS! I complained and they checked the bag and gave me the correct refund. Still... I couldn't believe it!

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
True, I hope I don't get shorted in MWR :o
and I'll rewrap them myself. Also, If I find more than $3 in the first halve box, I'll gladly sell some silver quarters I got. Or maybe have my stock holders (mom) Loan me some ;D
Wicka

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dumped 200 in halves and 249.90 in dimes earlier and the Jetsort counted 172 of the dimes as CENTS! I complained and they checked the bag and gave me the correct refund. Still... I couldn't believe it!

It unreal how bad these coimachines are... I had 70 bucks worth of halves counted as pennies,nickels and dimes....... What a kill joy?...at least you got yours back. I probably could get my money back if I took it too the next level, but at this point Its not worth making a big stink about it and getting me shut down altogether. I basically am not gonna let any of my coins go STC unless they are pennies and nickels. Let those machine malfunctions happen then .

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It unreal how bad these coimachines are... I had 70 bucks worth of halves counted as pennies,nickels and dimes....... What a kill joy?...at least you got yours back. I probably could get my money back if I took it too the next level, but at this point Its not worth making a big stink about it and getting me shut down altogether. I basically am not gonna let any of my coins go STC unless they are pennies and nickels. Let those machine malfunctions happen then .
I wouldn't have walked away, but I would not have raised a stink either. Why not first notify the teller that you are dumping each denom seperately. Save the receipt for each count. If receipt shows any coin counted as something different, notify teller, get refund. Simple. That's what I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread