Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By CoinFetcher
  • 1 Post By BuffaloBoy
  • 1 Post By namster
  • 1 Post By mercury1
  • 1 Post By maverick

Thread: Two Tips you need to follow

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2012
    Left coast
    New Garret AT PRO - I am pretty poor with this device. Too much for me! Nothing significant found. yet! garrett 150 - starting 4/20/20120 - found 30 cents, all clad.
    450 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Two Tips you need to follow

For folks who do not rely on huge box volume, please read the short hints below.

Tip #1

problem: you want to ask for rolls are every bank possible, but some of the banks you are not yet a member of won't sell to you.

Solution: Preempt the conversation with the teller with this little gem: "I was at our north-end branch, and then mentioned you might have some half dollar coins, they were all out up there."

This makes the teller think you already have an account, and that you treasured guest of the bank.

i use this tactic whenver I want to go a bank I know doesn't like non-members. Their are a lot of them in seattle. union bank, salah bank, Washington federal, banner bank, opus bank, WSECU....these small banks have a few branches each in the seattle area, and I use this trick on them all the time.

Tip #2 - this one is easy. use google map, and type in 'bank' in the search bar, and just browse over a potential area. I have found several banks, and silver with this trick. should be obvious to anyone serious, but maybe it will help someone.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Aug 2012
    510 times
    I've done the google trip before (my wife LOVES this! I can find banks on our way to things so she can watch me be a nerd!), but the other one is a good idea I need to try out!

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    Mississippi
    1158 times
    "oh yeah, you have an account? do you know your account number?"... uh... hang on, ummm... no.
    just joking, thanks for sharing!
    hh
    buff
    Easy likes this.
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Seeker of enough wealth to quit my job.

Jul 2012
    Freakmont
    208 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBoy View Post
    "oh yeah, you have an account? do you know your account number?"... uh... hang on, ummm... no.
    just joking, thanks for sharing!
    hh
    buff
    "go ahead and slide your card for me "......uh,uh,em......LoL. Now I look like a freakin idiot and can never show my face, awesome. I learned early on to not even try banks without an account. Around here you will get the third degree if you try to exchange a couple hundred in small bills without an account let alone a bunch of coin.

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    Mississippi
    1158 times
    i try banks without an account... if they ask me, i can't lie, i say, "no". they will get you one way or another, especially when it only takes your name or social to enter into the computer, it make it easy for them to ask you.
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    418 times
    Do you have an account?

No ma'am, but my regular bank does not have any halves and my wife needs some for a classroom project with her students. Could you spare some?
    maverick likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    New York
    Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
    486 times
    Metal Detecting
    I hit up banks all the time that I don't have an account at but usually only asking for halves and big dollar coins. They usually are happy to get rid of those. If they ask me though, I fess up to not having an account.
    GirlWithKnives likes this.

Jun 2012
    86 times
    If you are a student you can open accounts at most banks with no minimum balance and no monthly fee.

us
    Mar 2012
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 Garrett Ace 250
    1435 times
    Coin Roll Hunting/ Metal detecting
    I go into banks I don't have an account with all the time, I have not been denied yet, I just ask nicely if they have any halves they want to sell or get rid of. I even have a bank that saves me halves and big Dollars that Istop into every week or so when I'm picking up my order from the bank right next to it. HH, Maverick.

us
    Jul 2010
    Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
    261 times
    Coin roll hunting, British coins, ancient coins, antiquities
    It really bugs me when banks don't sell coin (loose halves, large dollars) to non-customers. It shouldn't matter if it is a cash-cash transaction. If you don't give good customer service to someone before they have an account, how do you ever expect to have people to get accounts? If a bank asks if I have an account and I don't, I don't open up accounts at that bank, simple as that. On the other hand the banks that have given me good service without an account I've opened (and used) accounts there even if they aren't always the most convenient bank. The idea that they are taking a potential loss due to 'counterfeit' cash is silly, there simply aren't that many counterfeit bills out there (well, to be honest -all- US dollars are counterfeit as they are fiat currency that isn't backed up by anything) and counterfeit bills are pretty easy to detect.
    Speeding up Gresham's law one roll at a time

us
    Seeker of enough wealth to quit my job.

Jul 2012
    Freakmont
    208 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I go into banks I don't have an account with all the time, I have not been denied yet, I just ask nicely if they have any halves they want to sell or get rid of. I even have a bank that saves me halves and big Dollars that Istop into every week or so when I'm picking up my order from the bank right next to it. HH, Maverick.
    Yea but try dumping or exchanging coin without an account.

us
    Mar 2012
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 Garrett Ace 250
    1435 times
    Coin Roll Hunting/ Metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    Yea but try dumping or exchanging coin without an account.

I never have tried that, everyone knows better than to expect a bank to do an exchange or a dump without an account, or they should if they don't, I'm tired of people complaining about a bank that won't order or dump without an account. HH, Maverick.
    boristhespider88 likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    East Coast
    Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
    125 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thinking of a reason why I need the coin without having an account is half the fun. My nephews birthday, teacher wife for the kids, my bank didn't have any, I'm shopping banks to open an account, etc etc etc

Aug 2012
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    "go ahead and slide your card for me "......uh,uh,em......LoL. Now I look like a freakin idiot and can never show my face, awesome. I learned early on to not even try banks without an account. Around here you will get the third degree if you try to exchange a couple hundred in small bills without an account let alone a bunch of coin.
    Exactly. And all it does it turn off people to being a member one day. I used to bank with Wells Fargo for years then switched to BoA when Wells didnt have branches in my area. One day I stopped in a Wells Fargo to break a $20 bill into a a couple of 5s and a 10. The teller gave a huge attitude and acted like she was loaning me 10 large just for making change. Just for that if I ever open a Wells account it will be purely to dump on..

kfs
    us
    Jul 2012
    95 times
    I have never run into a problem if I am asking for halves or silver dollar coins.
    Most tellers I run into are very happy to get ride of a roll or two of halves or a large old dollar coins or loose halves.

Ask for $50 in dimes or a box of dimes. Then, do you have an account with us, is a rather common question.

us
    May 2011
    Kentucky
    153 times
    Honesty is the best policy. If they require an account, then open an account or move on. Lieing is not worth it to me.
    "Hello from deep within the copper mines of Western Kentucky."

"Keep your hands off of my stack."

Sponsors