"I have 2 halves, but..."

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to about 5 banks today. Picked up about $30 in pennies and asked around for halves. At the last bank, the teller explained "I have 2 halves, but they are both really ugly." She then tried to offer me the better looking Eisenhowers in her tray. I said I'd take the ugly ones. Sure was a pretty sight to me. I don't think she was trying to mess with me, I think she didn't know they were silver. These are my 5th and 6th keepers since I began about 2 months ago. 3 90% 3 40%. HH!

P.S. I got 18 wheats from the $30 and a nice haul of copper.

8.31.12.jpg

Upvote 0

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have gotten the ikes too! People pay more than a dollar for those!

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did pick up 1 ike but I had no other money on me. If I could id buy the Ikes and the rest of the box of rolls.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ok, good luck to you! Hope you find lots of silver and (silver) ikes!

Mr E SECRET

Aug 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did pick up 1 ike but I had no other money on me. If I could id buy the Ikes and the rest of the box of rolls.

What do you hunt with $3.00? Great finds, sounds like you just doubled your bankroll! Have to start somewhere, keep rollin buddy

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check the post. Bought $30 in pennies $21 in halfs and an Ike. I get $2k a week in halves from my bank, this hunt was on a whim.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the post. Bought $30 in pennies $21 in halfs and an Ike. I get $2k a week in halves from my bank, this hunt was on a whim.

I would not worry to much about what Mr. E is posting.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job toorude. I've gotten ugly halves that were beautiful to me cause I love silver. Too bad your bankroll didn't allow you to grab all the Ike's as well. Tellers love to get rid of them and I like to help them out by taking them. I'm sitting on about 2k right now. Gotten 5 silvers and still need to check them for error varieties. HH
Merc

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey toorude, gotta love those ugly halves! I hate not having enough $ on me at the moment too, it has happened once or twice when I stopped into a bank not expecting to find anything, and then they have more than you can pickup right at that moment. HH, Maverick.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Oh , I bet she new they were silver but wasn't aloud to buy them or hadn't gotten around to it. Good thing you snagged them but you should have grabbed the Ike's as well. Next time.

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back today for the Ikes 1972, 1977, 4-Bi-Cent

9.5.12.jpg

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha funny thing is two of those Ikes are super ugly! no way she wasn't trying to keep the silver for herself in a last ditch effort. People are so easy to read. I mean look at the evidence, who would go out of there way to suggest another type of coin, referencing that they are ugly, when in fact they look just fine and 2/6 of the ones she was trying to divert your attention to are in fact actually ugly? There's your answer

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To be fair, i hit a couple other banks today and got the ugly Ikes. 3 or 4 of the pretty ones came from her. She was a 20-something chick at the local bank. Really don't think she knew they were silver or would have just grabbed them. When I went in today they were dumping CWR of nickels into a plastic bin. Again today, I didn't have any cash on me so couldn't take advantage of that. I dumped my roll of halves from the other day at Burger King today to the excitement of the girl working the drawer. She shouted to the back to show her colleagues.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they look good to me

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What Ike's are worth holding, besides silver of course?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions