Just a little over a month in the game, and I hit the jackpot! (with story and pics)

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, how would you react when you see something like this?:
9TpSMh.jpg
I went to one of the many banks in my home area the other day requesting a box of dimes. This was the first time I had requested so much coin from them, and they told me they would call me the following week to let me know when the box had arrived. They did call me Tuesday to let me know the box had arrived. I told them I would not be able to swing by until the following day, but that quickly changed when my plans after work changed, leaving me going near that bank the same day after all. Good thing I did! I arrive at the bank and the tellers were closing out their drawers as they were closing the bank. They saw me, and got the box out, but I had also asked if they had come across any customer rolled coins that day. One teller said "yes, we have some very old customer rolled dimes, and some quarters, how many were you looking for?" And of course, what would I or any sane CRHer say?..
A) Nevermind, please give me my box of dimes, and I will be on my way
B) I will just have one roll of customer rolled dimes, and then I will take the box
C) Just a few rolls
D) How many do you have?
If you don't know the right answer to this question, then welcome to coin roll hunting!
I took all of those coins. All of them! And I'm glad I did; CRHing brethren, because out of $400 face ($300CWR Dimes, $100CWR Quarters) this is what I pulled!:
zk20gh.jpg 9S0M0h.jpg 6lKCeh.jpg KSfjjh.jpg tkFB7h.jpg mPJtMh.jpg

When all was said and done, I had to line up all the dimes and quarters into a row on my coffee table
TYadTh.jpg

So here is the run-down on what I found (All stacks are 10 coins each):
qncGQ.jpg
600 silver dimes, 157 silver quarters, 1 priceless memory (without visa to thank)
LieOB.jpg
534 Roosevelt dimes, 65 Mercury dimes, 1 Canadian Rex dime, 154 Washington quarters, 2 standing quarters, 1 Barber quarter (1910)
$99.25 face value in silver coins.

Now, the question is, where do I go from here? Can I have some advise from others on here whom have hit the jackpot? Please help your lucky weasel in need! I guess I will just keep hunting and hoping for another amazing find! Happy hunting, and wishing all of you guys your very own finds of a lifetime!

Upvote 0

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. That's a crazy awesome find. You certainly don't see too many people on here finding barber quarters. What's the date on the Canadian?

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap...
Well. I gotta go change my pants now.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome, you could get over $2000 for all that and use it to buy halves.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My jaw just hit the floor. I have nothing to say but this is a once in a lifetime find. Kudos to you sir.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow congrats!!! That would be the find of a lifetime! ;) and to think I thought my roll and a half find of silver quarters was great but wow man that's freaking phenomenal! :-D

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1. Buy those tellers a few pizzas for lunch sometime soon.

#2. Great, great score, tops my best ever face value score.

#3. Roll it, toss it in your SDB... silver is moving up right now, if you really want to sell and need the money, hold onto them another 3-4 weeks at least to try and gauge what silver is doing.

#4. Did I say that's a great score? Wow.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dream of hitting a score like that every time I walk into a bank. Congrats !

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man that's just awesome! Congratulations, gives me the motivation to keep searching

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Insane. How is your hear still beating right now? Congrats on the super mega find! I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time! Hopefully whoever dumped these rolls comes back with more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread