tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey!

It's been a while, so I thought it would be a good idea to get everyone up to speed. I haven't CRH'd in quite some time. I've shifted focus to a new bankroll building strategy; Sterling Flatware. We acquired our our first pieces from an antique barn. 170 grams of sterling flatware (just over 5 ounces of silver) for $30. Then we acquired a 43-piece set (just under 39 ounces of silver, not including the knives) from a gentleman for $600.

We're in contact with 3 other parties that are selling sterling pieces. To raise capital for the purchases, I am in the process of selling all of my CRH finds (with the exception of a handful of "favorites").

I plan on returning to CRH'ing in addition to "Sterling-hunting" soon.

I hope everyone is doing well (and finding lots of "bling-bling")!!

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there! Never really talked to you before, but loved to read your old posts! Glad to see your still hunting something atleast, never thought of buying sterling flatware before! definately a good idea and worth taking a look at! Good job on the sets you bought so far, and best of luck on your next few sets :D Keep us posted!
Glad to see you're still around :)
Wickaboag :notworthy:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did my first sterling business this week too: I bought two candle sticks, weights.

I pulled apart the candle sticks, and got 5.88 OZt of .925 AG. for $50.

Worth about $200!

Do you just hunt CL Bry?

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there! Never really talked to you before, but loved to read your old posts! Glad to see your still hunting something atleast, never thought of buying sterling flatware before! definately a good idea and worth taking a look at! Good job on the sets you bought so far, and best of luck on your next few sets :D Keep us posted!
Glad to see you're still around :)
Wickaboag :notworthy:

I haven't forgotten about my CRH-family. I have been lurking in the shadows armed with my patented "YAHTZEE!!" in my gun holster. :)

H$H!!
TGB

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
did my first sterling business this week too: I bought two candle sticks, weights.

I pulled apart the candle sticks, and got 5.88 OZt of .925 AG. for $50.

Worth about $200!

Do you just hunt CL Bry?

Nice CF! CL is my only avenue at this point. I am hoping word of mouth will help soon.

H$H!!
TGB

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you're diversifying! The silver game can be played in many forms. HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Bry, glad to see you're still posting!! best of luck to you and your sterling hunting, hopefully you can expand your bankroll, it only takes a few good buys to really help you!
hh
buff

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah sorry ok I see your avatar says you are from NC. Cool job though!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tallguy, good to see your doing ok, keep checking in, I'm still waiting to cross "Yahtzee from Tallguy" off my list, ha ha. Good luck on your new silver venture!, HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread