I need some help

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Some things have come up, and I'm selling all my silver.
I was wondering what you guys this the best way to do it would be?? CL doesn't seem to work i my area.
I'm thin provident metals..
I was looking at e-bay and there seems to be like a 13% feel after its all said and done.
But I am considering selling my 90% halves on there.. Just mixing up my kens walkers and bens, just to give it some more interest. I think that would push the bids higher.
But any input would be great.
Even on how to ship them..
Shipping my coins makes me nervous lol

Upvote 0

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will buy them, if u give me a good price, I live in virginia and can pay with paypal or amazon gift cards. Let me kno

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always hard to hear that someone has to sell their silver bc of personal matters. If you are going to ship it, I would buy insurance. Sorry to hear that...

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always hard to hear that someone has to sell their silver bc of personal matters. If you are going to ship it, I would buy insurance. Sorry to hear that...
I don't think you can insure bullion.
Send it insured or by registered mail (shipping will be $11 extra).
USPS won't insure bullion. Does FedEx or ups? It's weird, I just ordered with provident and mine came USPS so idk...
What is registered mail?
registered mail is the highest service level for USPS mail.

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ship USPS in an envelope and get tracking on it. Make sure to wrap the coins separately so they don't jingle. Bought and sold like that without any problems ever.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
What Seener said for shipping. I ship and receive coins all the time that way. Also, you might want to buy a Charter Membership and post them for sale here on TNet in the Classifieds section. No additional fees like eBay and you can insist the payment be via PayPal as a Gift or insist the buyer add 3% as that is what PayPal will take if it isn't sent as a gift.

No need to mix up the 90's. People will pay what is appropriate.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
If you do decide to ebay (or even CL), I kinda like your idea of mixing them. As DD said, no need to do that if you sell to peers.

If you sell to impulsive ebay'ers, you could describe it as a "ready-made" coin collection of old half dollars.

ie: "Included in this lot is each of the designs of half dollar that have circulated since 1916 - starting with the beautiful Walking Liberty half dollar (qty: x); continuing with the Benjamin Franklin half dollar (qty: x); and finally, the John F. Kennedy (qty: x). All of these coins are 90% silver. They are mesmerizing to look at and a true joy to hold - there is nothing like the look and feel of real money. These coins have not be cleaned or otherwise processed. They are suitable for grading and/or encapsulation.

Silver has risen sharply recently. Bid now."

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I set up a deal with a lady that lives about an hour as a half away from me, she comes to me to buy stuff like this. She offered me 670 for some 90% with a Melt of around 715.
I think it seems pretty fair. What do you guys think

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I need a tv just to have. But I need cash to keep up with Lao payments and bills.
I ha to move, and I have to get a job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread