Bon Bon

Nov 26, 2006
texas
Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
I'm not totally sure how it works with ordering rolls. With getting rolls that the banks have in their vaults, you have the chance of something really cool. There's the occasional person who finds a ton of old coins in their house and rolls them and gives them to the bank for face value, totally unaware of what they're worth. There have been posts by others of entire rolls of walking liberty halves and stuff. That would be, oh so cool....... The same has happened with people getting pennies, dimes, nickels, etc. So good luck!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both. I get the boxes from my local bank as they order them and keep them on hand for me, but when I go on a trip I stop at different banks and get what I can. It they have some boxes and loose rolls in the vault, I will take them both if they will let me!

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
When you find a large amount rolled in the vault, they just might have come from another CRHer. I hit a new bank last Wed. and they had 500 in the vault. I only had 300 on me so that was all I could buy. The teller told me they all came from the same person and were definitely picked thru. All I could find was a 1990 without the FG. I didn't go back for the other rolls. I think that I might have crossed paths with this person before. The consolation is that they probably have run across my rejects also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread