Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude...not likely. Loaded boxes would be a few grams heavier. Then they buy the boxes, and don't deliver the coin??

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that is whats happening in Florida with all the rewrapped dumps. All they would have to do is buy 4 boxes of their own and dump them on the CRH and take the fresh and go thru them at night.. then repeat every day. Hot gluing at home with the spare boxes you get from work. Having a safe swapping place would be the problem with gps. I wouldn't put it past someone to try.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole team would need a cut....this is a lone wolf sport. Lone wolves don't run with packs. The hunt alone, between 9 and 5, weekdays mostly.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is more likely than the company installing comparators. It would look bad if it were made public. I'm not sure the risk reward is there for the dist company. But the guys who haul it. Yep, all day. You think they don't know hat were doing? Pease...

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had many conversations with many bank managers and tellers over the years. While many of them will snatch any silver they come across, they do not actively search for it by buying rolls/boxes. Most of them say something like this, "I've been in this place 40+ hours a week, every week for 'X' number of years. The LAST thing I want to do in my off-time is look at more coins."

This makes sense. I play poker for a living. When I'm not working, the last thing I want to see is a deck of cards. Anything but a deck of cards. Of course, when my friends and I have a little get-together, thats exactly what they want to do, and cannot understand why I always try to talk them into doing something...anything else.

So, I would imagine that there are a few coin courier employees that CRH...but I bet it isn't many. What is "fun" to us, is "work" to them.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr.Bernanke is a hunter, legend has it every friday night after midnight he will prowl the Federal Reserve Vaults peeking into the currency sacks.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The couriers have a very tight schedule to maintain, I seriously doubt they have time to mess with the coin.

In my are they all seem to hate life. Anyone else notice this?

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The couriers have a very tight schedule to maintain, I seriously doubt they have time to mess with the coin.

Yea no, they would for sure have to do it after work. I'm talking about them. Using there own accounts to Crh in there off hours.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing yes, I know. Anyways has anyone ever heard of armored guards Crhing ? Not this crap the company culling but wouldn't it make sense that the guys delivering halves and picking up bags would try Crh for themselves? I never heard anyone ever mention it. Has anyone seen or know?

A member on T net told me he had a friend that was a Armed Guard that would cherry pick the boxes for him. (He didn't say how. I am thinking he did so by the date on the boxes.)

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Namster your a teacher and you go through piles of paper work every day. ( I know the wify brings home a ton of it as she is a teacher too.) If your students started bringing you 10 times that amount of paper work looking for knowledge wouldn't you hate your life too?

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster---Yep, in my area most guards will not even respond to a good morning, how you guys today? Maybe it has to do with the ten dollars an hour they are working for. They must have one heck of a employee turn over, ad's are in the paper every day.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
namster---Yep, in my area most guards will not even respond to a good morning, how you guys today? Maybe it has to do with the ten dollars an hour they are working for. They must have one heck of a employee turn over, ad's are in the paper every day.

That might be a security thing, they may be told to not talk with anyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread