Filing a complaint with the CFPB gets your US BANK account Terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about a month ago with issues I ran into at a US Bank branch. After about a month, I finally was contacted and this is what I was told:

2.png 3.png
1.png

This is what I wrote to the CFPB:
(I left some out for Privacy Reasons)
sent.png

So for filing a complaint about being charged for money, I get my account suspended. Also an FYI, I did return coins there after they started to charge me, but did not dump when I was having them as a pickup bank. Also the mention of $300 4 -6 times a month is completely false as I do not travel there that often in a month. Also asking if the box was brand new coins and trading in for others that weren't brand new is true, however the teller had told me in advance they were new and I asked if I could get circulated and if they didn't have them that was fine. The bank obviously knew what was going on, and only than did I decide to dump on them after being charged $.15 a roll for Cents or nickels (before I started halves).

I had my Father talk to a Branch Manager he knows well and she is going to get back to him. From what she describes it is very unlikely my account could be prevented from being terminated, even if I did not use them for coins. I have not been to this bank branch since August, and just now they are choosing to do this. I have been cashing in amounts of coins, once or twice a week, at a different branch under my account and expierenced no issues.

Currently awaiting response from the Branch Manager regarding this. I will still use US Bank as my Dump bank as my Father is an account holder and the bank I cash in at takes dumps from another CRHer too.

This is what America is coming to. We bail the banks out yet they can't trade paper for coins. I plan to take $1000.00 (YES ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS) of Brand new 2012 Pennies to this branch directly to the teller who started all of this, and pay my $1 fee and show her my appreciation.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread