Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Filing a complaint with the CFPB gets your US BANK account Terminated

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
    310 times
    Coin Roll Hunting, Bottle hunting, and Metal Detecting

Angry Filing a complaint with the CFPB gets your US BANK account Terminated

I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about a month ago with issues I ran into at a US Bank branch. After about a month, I finally was contacted and this is what I was told:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	683997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	683998

Name:	1.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	684000

This is what I wrote to the CFPB:
    (I left some out for Privacy Reasons)

Name:	sent.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	683999

So for filing a complaint about being charged for money, I get my account suspended. Also an FYI, I did return coins there after they started to charge me, but did not dump when I was having them as a pickup bank. Also the mention of $300 4 -6 times a month is completely false as I do not travel there that often in a month. Also asking if the box was brand new coins and trading in for others that weren't brand new is true, however the teller had told me in advance they were new and I asked if I could get circulated and if they didn't have them that was fine. The bank obviously knew what was going on, and only than did I decide to dump on them after being charged $.15 a roll for Cents or nickels (before I started halves).

I had my Father talk to a Branch Manager he knows well and she is going to get back to him. From what she describes it is very unlikely my account could be prevented from being terminated, even if I did not use them for coins. I have not been to this bank branch since August, and just now they are choosing to do this. I have been cashing in amounts of coins, once or twice a week, at a different branch under my account and expierenced no issues.

Currently awaiting response from the Branch Manager regarding this. I will still use US Bank as my Dump bank as my Father is an account holder and the bank I cash in at takes dumps from another CRHer too.

This is what America is coming to. We bail the banks out yet they can't trade paper for coins. I plan to take $1000.00 (YES ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS) of Brand new 2012 Pennies to this branch directly to the teller who started all of this, and pay my $1 fee and show her my appreciation.
    Wickaboag and cooper36 like this.
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    Blob tops: 0
    Hutches: 2
    Medicines: 23
    Local Bottles: 24
    Tokens: 2, (1) Local
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head
    19th Century cutting scissors
    ~
    Metal Detecting:
    Foreign: 1
    Wheats: 28
    Silver Dimes: 1
    Token: 1
    Clad: $47.53

Aug 2012
    USA
    118 times
    Coin Roll Hunting Dimes
    wow

just

wow

MrSchulz are you a teen too?
    ***2013 RESULTS***

Dimes
    CRW 3752$ : 30 Silver dimes -
    MWR 950$ : 2 Silver dimes

Pennies
    CRW3$ : 7 wheats
    MWR 25$ : 20 wheats

Quarters:
    MWR 50$: Nope
    CWR 220$: Nope (repacked dumps)

Nickels
    CWR 10$ : 0 Nope
    MWR 600$ : 13 Silvers 3 buffalos, 1 misaligned die

TELLER TRAY:
    1 1964

125$ in halves:
    2 40%

Reject:
    15$ Foreign money 17 silver dimes, 200$ clad,2 silver quarters
    4.14 ounces of silver collected in 2013

us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
    310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D1MES_101 View Post
    wow

just

wow

MrSchulz are you a teen too?
    Yes I am. Turning 16 in 3 weeks. Been a customer with them for almost a year and this?!
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head
    ~
    Metal Detecting:

us
    Aug 2011
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    LOL...i dont think you actually bail the banks out...since u paid no tax..

just kidding!

after reading all 4 pictures, I found that you werent making concrete strong points in your complaint letter, and from what you said, I think if you received new boxes you should just deposit them in another branch/bank and never to request exchange for others on the spot. But if you already asked them beforehand for circulated ones if possible then the bank needs to get it straight....

Someone in this branch obviously did not like you and elevated this up when you decided to complain, well I guess its live and learn my friend.

Time to move on and ditch the unpleasantrys.
    Last edited by GEOFF; Oct 05, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
    keepers are minimal right now....

Aug 2012
    319 times
    You broke a tenant of roll searching, you pay...

Don't dump where you eat.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9417 times
    This is America, please point out where in our Constitution or our Bill of Rights where it says our banks are required to give hobbies free or discounted service so people can coin roll hunt just because they have a personal account at the bank

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Aug 2012
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    This is America, please point out where in our Constitution or our Bill of Rights where it says our banks are required to give hobbies free or discounted service so people can coin roll hunt just because they have a personal account at the bank
    What this man/woman said. You should be grateful that they allowed this at all. Just open an account with another bank. Problem solved.

us
    Oct 2011
    3 times
    $1 and you can dump... That's a bargan. I'd be dumping halves like no tomorrow.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alligator69 View Post
    What this man/woman said. You should be grateful that they allowed this at all. Just open an account with another bank. Problem solved.
    All man here, not a woman, but my wife is....LOL
    sagittarius98 likes this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscores View Post
    You broke a tenant of roll searching, you pay...

Don't dump where you eat.
    I dumped after I was charged. AFTER
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head
    ~
    Metal Detecting:

us
    Aug 2012
    Southern California
    194 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    inconspicuous [ˌɪnkənˈspɪkjʊəs] adj: not easily noticed or seen; not prominent or striking

In the future, at another bank, if you ask for a box, and they deliver you a box, just smile, say thanks and leave. Wait until you get into the car, or get home, to open it and see what you got. Lame box of new coins? Re-wrapped dumps...? Welcome to the club. Go somewhere else to dump them. Rinse / repeat.

Opening boxes or rolls at the counter and asking for replacements...? Even if you told them ahead of time, this is just improper CRH etiquette. Kinda like sitting in the bank lobby going through the box. We are all fortunate to be able to order boxes, and dump without fees. This, however, usually requires a bit of grace and subtle diplomacy. (Eminem is the exclusion to this rule).

Experience comes from making mistakes. Learn from them. This is not what America has come to. You are not entitled to be a PITA (in the eyes of the bank) merely because you have an account. They reserve the right to close your account for any reason. Seems you gave them a few reasons. Be a rebel and dump all the cents you want on them. Pay your fee. I doubt this will cause anyone at the branch any inconvenience, and just might turn any sympathetic tellers against you.

I lived in Okinawa for a year, courtesy of the U.S. government. Learned a Japanese proverb: deru kugi ha utareru – ‘the nail that sticks out gets hammered down’. Don't be that nail. U-S-A ! U-S-A ! Good luck, and HH...!
    Senor and FormerTeller like this.

us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    310 times
    UPDATE:

They are terminating my fathers account too when he had nothing to do with this as all coin was ran through my account.
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head
    ~
    Metal Detecting:

us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    It does not say anywhere in the constitution we are entitled to a free hobby. It's the fact of waiting until after I filed a complaint to do this.
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head
    ~
    Metal Detecting:

us
    May 2012
    AZ
    148 times
    Change banks

us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Change banks
    It's past the point of "just changing banks". I really didn't care how it affected me, but they are pulling this on my dad when he was not involved and nothing was ran though his account is completely wrong. I know they can close the account whenever they want its just... ugh.
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head