Transporting boxed coins

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, newbie question here,

I am about to get my first box of halves and I was beginning to worry since the box is really heavy and bulky and I am not as strong as I would love to be. Also it's one thing to carry a box of nickels quite another to carry a box of halves. I am wondering from the bank to the credit union how are other CRHrs transporting their boxes. I was thinking maybe dufflebag or luggage but that would make more than a couple of people's interest perk up. Any help would be appreciated.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Upvote 0

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a small black nylon "helmet" bag.... folded up in my hand when empty, just big enough to hold a box of halves. I also place my bag of coins in it to dump. I use the merchant window, and at my usual dump banks it is on the end by the entry / exit door. Even when "full", I'm not walking through the entire bank with my non-descript black nylon bag. I keep the bag zipped up, and when I'm next in line, I unzip. (the bag) Take the unzipped bag up to the window, and only then do I take the coin bag out. I only do 1 box at a time, so this has worked for me... One of the handles is starting to tear, so time to find a new bag... HH

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Messenger bag when I am walking coin around. Weekends I use my car, as I am driving around the burbs, weekdays I am trekking from one bank to the next in the city.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like this:

carrying-boxes2.jpg

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GarouLady said:
Ok, newbie question here,

I am about to get my first box of halves and I was beginning to worry since the box is really heavy and bulky and I am not as strong as I would love to be. Also it's one thing to carry a box of nickels quite another to carry a box of halves. I am wondering from the bank to the credit union how are other CRHrs transporting their boxes. I was thinking maybe dufflebag or luggage but that would make more than a couple of people's interest perk up. Any help would be appreciated.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Start exercising more. I know 5 ft tall girls that can carry 2 box's. actually one little teller picked up 2 500 dollar bags I was dumping with ONE HAND! That was pretty impressive.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Start exercising more. I know 5 ft tall girls that can carry 2 box's. actually one little teller picked up 2 500 dollar bags I was dumping with ONE HAND! That was pretty impressive.

Being a cashier for over 20 years can wear a person out. I have severe tennis elbow and carple tunnel in my left arm and having carple tunnel in my right arm. I can carry 25 pounds but when I get those nerve pain in my left hand. ::hisses in pain:: feels like someone is shoving a hot needle down the length of my ring and middle finger and I can't grab stuff with my hand. Right now I do a lot of work with my right arm.

I do love the idea with the helmet bag. I am thinking about taking some old blue jeans, doubling them up and sewing my own carry bag. Figured that would work. Would have to hand sew it but that would be something to do while I wait for my coins to come. ::goes searching for patterns::

Thanks for the ideas.
Hugs and Smiles and a bottle of ibuprophen:: (LOL)
-Garoulady

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
My bag...

Attachments

• 2012-10-07_16-35-35_483a.jpg
    2012-10-07_16-35-35_483a.jpg
    779.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 2012-10-07_16-35-49_940a.jpg
    2012-10-07_16-35-49_940a.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 2012-10-07_16-36-10_573a.jpg
    2012-10-07_16-36-10_573a.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 143

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take one of the canvas bags in and put two loomis boxes in it. Fits perfect but doesn't actually help carrying them other than keeping the boxes together. When I had to reroll my coins and kept them in the original box for transport the bags helped out a lot keeping everything together.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to TallGuyBry.

He created a boxed coin caddy a few months back.
It might help you out.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a cashier for over 20 years can wear a person out. I have severe tennis elbow and carple tunnel in my left arm and having carple tunnel in my right arm. I can carry 25 pounds but when I get those nerve pain in my left hand. ::hisses in pain:: feels like someone is shoving a hot needle down the length of my ring and middle finger and I can't grab stuff with my hand. Right now I do a lot of work with my right arm.

I do love the idea with the helmet bag. I am thinking about taking some old blue jeans, doubling them up and sewing my own carry bag. Figured that would work. Would have to hand sew it but that would be something to do while I wait for my coins to come. ::goes searching for patterns::

Thanks for the ideas.
Hugs and Smiles and a bottle of ibuprophen:: (LOL)
-Garoulady

There's two kinds of people in this world;

People who make excuses and don't get things done...

And people that get things done.

Pick one.

Sincerely,
Guy who watches his 5'1" Fiancee carry $1k in coin like its nothing.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I carry two boxes of halves, and a box of dimes to the car and my Dad carries 3 boxes of nickels and 2 cent boxes.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
There's two kinds of people in this world;

People who make excuses and don't get things done...

And people that get things done.

Pick one.

Sincerely,
Guy who watches his 5'1" Fiancee carry $1k in coin like its nothing.

I don't make excuses, just stating hard facts. More power to your fiancee who can carry that much and anyone else with that kinda prowless.

thanks for the pics Rushfan and the info Solid Rolls. Definitely something to check out. I saw some nice military dufflebags on Amazon for dirt cheap.

Thank you to everyone else for the ideas.

Hugs and Smiles,
garoulady

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to (if the best happens at EVERY bank) be doing 6 boxes of dimes a week, and 2 1000$ bags of dimes :o
Doubt it. But that'd be nice :)

Keep pulling the silver, sell it to up your bank roll, to find more silver, sell that, repeat all until your swimming in AG.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering what's the dimensions of a box of halves? I found a nice bag on amazon that they call a tool bag. Silly me forgot to ask what is the size of a box was.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread