Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a coin dozer or a coin dozed? I don't know what that is.

OP
OP
silvershooter

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine you drop quarters in and the little wall pushes them off the ledge, you see them at carnivals and county fairs a lot.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I love those machines. If I could buy one for really cheap I would put in my living room and have a ball.

Hugs and Smiles,
garoulady

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may have already been discussed and it is not roll hunting, but almost every truckstop I stop at has a coin dozer, usually in to big a hurry to scope it out very good but I will be doing so soon.

I am confused so lets say you see 2 great silvers quarters in one of these machines.
Are you going to drop 1 or two rolls of clad quarters into the thing hoping, I say hoping mind you to get the 2 good silver quarters out?

Not a winning proposition that is the idea behind the things

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am confused so lets say you see 2 great silvers quarters in one of these machines.
Are you going to drop 1 or two rolls of clad quarters into the thing hoping, I say hoping mind you to get the 2 good silver quarters out?

Not a winning proposition that is the idea behind the things

My father used to have a couple dozen of those things. I'd buy 100 piece lots of chinese pocket knifes on Ebay for him. He'd also put folded up $20s and $50's, Morgan dollars, Walker Halves.. all sorts of 'goodies'.

Those things didn't lose money.. then they got banned in my state, and all bordering ones.

OP
OP
silvershooter

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would have to be on the edge and ready to go over to even see if the're silver, but if close enough I'd give it a shot. Not sure what the overall odds are in chr either way your taking a chance but granted you do get your money back chr.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I'd guess even if you found some silver you'd pay more to get it out. I'm not sure if there's any trick to those things other than elbowing them and hoping they don't have a "tilt" alarm. God knows I've been kicked out of arcades when I was young for that

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw one in Virginia recently, I put two quarters in and got nothing out. I saw a 20 dollar bill in there and a Canadian quarter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread