Has CRHing made anybody a millionaire?

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are people who are on here from way back when. I would like to know what the biggest known silver career accumulation is. Are there people out there who have literally retired off of CRHing? Millionaires? Hundred-thousands?

I am not talking about silver's future, we all know its going to visit the curiousity rover real soon, but I am talking about it's current and even previous value? Are there people who have made big money already from CRHing? How much money? How many Ozs and how long did it take them? Links?

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a wheat, two 1959 D nickels and a teller gave me a $.50 piece, oh i mean a half dollar. I don't need college, I'm on my way to my first million...

Last edited:

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found a silver nickle in my change last night. Sort of like winning the lottery! Few more of those and I'm going to retire early. :)

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
highly unlikely. i heard of a guy who searched 300 boxes a week. at a 2 40% per box average that's $10 per box or $3000 a week. It would take almost 6 and a half years to make a million at that rate. I'm pretty sure he got cutoff big time and doesn't do it anymore, so not sure how long he got away with it. Probably not for 6 years, if they were going to cut him off it would be much quicker. I'm guessing a year, which means he made over $100,000 which must've been cool

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I just considered that was a few years ago when the price of silver was much lower, if he sold it doesn't count to give him todays prices. He probably made a few tens of thousands

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started this endeavor, my pie in the sky goal was 1000 OZT of silver. I figure I need to keep it going another 2 years to make it.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been some serious hunters over the years on this forum. I know some probably made the 10,000 silver half club. I would bet a few have found $100G in silver but not anywhere near $1M. Still $100G would buy a small house, which isn't bad for a hobby! TimZim will get to $100G in short order if he keeps up that volume.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figure in the gas to pick them up and drop them off and the skunk boxes ....guys that get 5 boxes at a time can easily get skunked and spend time and money ...

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as my time machine is finished, I'm goin' back and every roll I buy will be silver. Stay tuned.....

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the people at Jackson Metals were searching millions in halves a while back. Big operation.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There have been some serious hunters over the years on this forum. I know some probably made the 10,000 silver half club. I would bet a few have found $100G in silver but not anywhere near $1M. Still $100G would buy a small house, which isn't bad for a hobby! TimZim will get to $100G in short order if he keeps up that volume.

+ 1, I was thinking the same thing, he will probably be real close to 100g in a short time if he can keep his system going good, and in a few more yrs, who knows the posibility. HH, Maverick.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
There have been millions made in CRHing but not in the way most people think of. Consider for example the treasury release of Morgan Dollars back in the 1960s which were unsorted and if you got a bag of 1904-O (prior to the release in '62 considered to be the rarest Morgan) you could sell them for $$$$, only, let's say someone was really lucky and got 2 or 3 bags, and while prices in the US quickly dropped, I heard reports of people taking them overseas to Europe (UK in particular) where the information hasn't gotten out to all the dealers that the 1904-O was quickly becoming a more common date and dealers would be willing to pay high prices. While I'm not sure if it made anyone millionaires, fortunes were gained (and lost! in the case of those with previously rare dates) overnight.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One member who has been banned for life used to live on his CRH'ing finds. He would hit some very good scores in TN.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Virgil said:
And why was he banned? Or is that not kosher to ask...?

Dawg who's to say
What's good to say
And what not to say
Let's ask dr. Dre

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread