Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Has CRHing made anybody a millionaire?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    The early weasel gets the kill

Aug 2012
    Eastern Seaboard
    Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
    374 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Ring Has CRHing made anybody a millionaire?

There are people who are on here from way back when. I would like to know what the biggest known silver career accumulation is. Are there people out there who have literally retired off of CRHing? Millionaires? Hundred-thousands?

I am not talking about silver's future, we all know its going to visit the curiousity rover real soon, but I am talking about it's current and even previous value? Are there people who have made big money already from CRHing? How much money? How many Ozs and how long did it take them? Links?

I LIKE SILVER

Sep 2012
    45 times
    The Hunt Brothers lost over a billion in the 70's attempting to corner the silver market.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value -- zero."
    Voltaire

us
    Aug 2012
    Southern California
    194 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Wasn't that frozen orange juice?

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1330 times
    Research and occasional field work
    I found a wheat, two 1959 D nickels and a teller gave me a $.50 piece, oh i mean a half dollar. I don't need college, I'm on my way to my first million...
    Last edited by austin; Oct 13, 2012 at 04:50 AM.

us
    Mar 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Gold Bug 2
    168 times
    Prospecting
    I found a silver nickle in my change last night. Sort of like winning the lottery! Few more of those and I'm going to retire early.
    austin likes this.

us
    The early weasel gets the kill

Aug 2012
    Eastern Seaboard
    Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
    374 times

us
    Feb 2012
    703 times
    highly unlikely. i heard of a guy who searched 300 boxes a week. at a 2 40% per box average that's $10 per box or $3000 a week. It would take almost 6 and a half years to make a million at that rate. I'm pretty sure he got cutoff big time and doesn't do it anymore, so not sure how long he got away with it. Probably not for 6 years, if they were going to cut him off it would be much quicker. I'm guessing a year, which means he made over $100,000 which must've been cool

us
    Feb 2012
    703 times
    Also I just considered that was a few years ago when the price of silver was much lower, if he sold it doesn't count to give him todays prices. He probably made a few tens of thousands

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    When I started this endeavor, my pie in the sky goal was 1000 OZT of silver. I figure I need to keep it going another 2 years to make it.

us
    Apr 2011
    676 times
    There have been some serious hunters over the years on this forum. I know some probably made the 10,000 silver half club. I would bet a few have found $100G in silver but not anywhere near $1M. Still $100G would buy a small house, which isn't bad for a hobby! TimZim will get to $100G in short order if he keeps up that volume.

Apr 2012
    Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
    382 times
    Figure in the gas to pick them up and drop them off and the skunk boxes ....guys that get 5 boxes at a time can easily get skunked and spend time and money ...
    austin likes this.
    Im not crazy......my mother had me tested

Jul 2012
    nc Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    889 times
    As soon as my time machine is finished, I'm goin' back and every roll I buy will be silver. Stay tuned.....
    Two rules in life: Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    1043 times
    silver surfing
    I think the people at Jackson Metals were searching millions in halves a while back. Big operation.

us
    Mar 2012
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 Garrett Ace 250
    1588 times
    Coin Roll Hunting/ Metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by baddbluff View Post
    There have been some serious hunters over the years on this forum. I know some probably made the 10,000 silver half club. I would bet a few have found $100G in silver but not anywhere near $1M. Still $100G would buy a small house, which isn't bad for a hobby! TimZim will get to $100G in short order if he keeps up that volume.
    + 1, I was thinking the same thing, he will probably be real close to 100g in a short time if he can keep his system going good, and in a few more yrs, who knows the posibility. HH, Maverick.

us
    Jul 2010
    Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
    265 times
    Coin roll hunting, British coins, ancient coins, antiquities
    There have been millions made in CRHing but not in the way most people think of. Consider for example the treasury release of Morgan Dollars back in the 1960s which were unsorted and if you got a bag of 1904-O (prior to the release in '62 considered to be the rarest Morgan) you could sell them for $$$$, only, let's say someone was really lucky and got 2 or 3 bags, and while prices in the US quickly dropped, I heard reports of people taking them overseas to Europe (UK in particular) where the information hasn't gotten out to all the dealers that the 1904-O was quickly becoming a more common date and dealers would be willing to pay high prices. While I'm not sure if it made anyone millionaires, fortunes were gained (and lost! in the case of those with previously rare dates) overnight.
    Speeding up Gresham's law one roll at a time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors