PARENTAL ADVISORY: Silver XXX. Lighting struck again: Weaselbrotts amazing week

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PARENTAL ADVISORY: Silver XXX. Lighting struck again: Weaselbrott's amazing week

So I expanded my territory today... Worth it...

sBQs1h.jpg

But first.. I had a busy week with half boxes. I did 11 boxes this week, which is a personal record for one week. I also had 5 skunk boxes, which was also a personal skunk record. In total, I got four 90%ers and four 40%ers. I still managed to find at least a bit of silver each day, including some great reject tray find quarters and dimes. Three quarters at reject trays this week, and also got three dimes as well, and another three from letting a non member of my bank use my account to cash their coin counter ticket.

oI4xZh.jpg

And now on to what was in that musty old customer wrapped half dollar roll:

ZXBDM.jpg
Solid 90% roll! (all 1964 JFKs)

So in total this week:

24 90%ers
4 40%ers
6 90% dimes
3 90% quarters

10.24 oz of silver at a spot value of 343.13

If you ever make a dream find, don't let anybody tell you to quit, because it only takes a bit of patience, persistence, and luck to get another lucky score again. Wishing you guys all some of my luck as well and hoping you make a dream score soon too!

Upvote 0

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
::bangs head against the wall:: Oh man! I am so jealous. I just opened my first box of halves and got skunked. Now I need to dump them and order another box. Congrats!

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::bangs head against the wall:: Oh man! I am so jealous. I just opened my first box of halves and got skunked. Now I need to dump them and order another box. Congrats!

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

You deserve a bit of coin karma, GarouLady! I hope you hit a nice big find soon that makes it all worth it for you! Good luck!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I am thinking about checking at a bank in town, several in fact but I don't have an account with them. we have a BoA in town and a local bank called 5/3 but my car is giving me crummy mileage. 250 miles per tank of gas. Ugh! I think its the new fuel filter that they put in. I have wednesday off and I am taking my mom to sam's club to go shopping so I might buzz around town and check them out.

Hugs and Smiles,
garoulady

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude... Did you rescue a baby from danger or something? Your silver karma is just unreal.. Way jealous.. Keep it up

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice roll of 90%. Looks so good!

Are they MS grade? Looks like an old MWR.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet solid roll! Are they UNC? Congrats! I still don't have a solid 90% roll yet.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Was that roll crimped (although crappy)? If so, it could have been an original roll and would have sold for a premium untouched. I don't fault you. We're hunters. We need to hunt. As crappy as that crimp was, I would slide them back in and refold the crimp and fence it on eBay. Sweet cull of silver.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude... Did you rescue a baby from danger or something? Your silver karma is just unreal.. Way jealous.. Keep it up

:sign10: Have no clue what is up, but in all fairness, I put a lot of time into the search, and have gone many searches with nothing in comparison to this. I also used a new and refined strategy to nail a (hopefully) good silver vein. Lots of bad rolls we had before I lucked out with this beauty. I will be using this strategy I used today for now on to hopefully nail some more great finds. Best of luck to you, man! You'll get your find one of these days.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice roll of 90%. Looks so good!

Are they MS grade? Looks like an old MWR.

They appear to be in very nice condition, but there is some black around the edges of the coins. They look like they were kept somewhere safe before they found their way into my hands.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score there Weasel I have yet to get a solid roll, let alone all 90'! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that roll crimped (although crappy)? If so, it could have been an original roll and would have sold for a premium untouched. I don't fault you. We're hunters. We need to hunt. As crappy as that crimp was, I would slide them back in and refold the crimp and fence it on eBay. Sweet cull of silver.

The roll was taped on both edges, but has a crimp on one side, and is uncrimped on the other. It may have very well been an original roll, but it also has the customer's account number on it, so it would not be cool to sell that info to the buyer. Besides; I am a stacker, not a seller. I would never be satisfied selling my silver unless it was at the top of the top of its peak. How much would an unopened roll of these go for on ebay anyway?

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, $477 is really high, I am not sure they will get that for it, but would be interested to see if they did. Regardless, I am a stacker, not a seller, and I can sell it later for way more if I even sell it at all. The second auction, they make a 90 dollar profit, and not sure if ebay pillages them on the sale too. Thanks for the info, I am very sure that I have one of these rolls.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about checking at a bank in town, several in fact but I don't have an account with them. we have a BoA in town and a local bank called 5/3 but my car is giving me crummy mileage. 250 miles per tank of gas. Ugh! I think its the new fuel filter that they put in. I have wednesday off and I am taking my mom to sam's club to go shopping so I might buzz around town and check them out.

Hugs and Smiles,
garoulady

Seems weird that a new fuel filter would reduce your mileage, but not impossible. You can always get another for $7 and pop it in in 5 minutes if you think the one you got is defective. Check some of the other likely candidates too like your air filter and tire pressure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread