for those of you who check silver spot religiously...

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been using Apmex.com and their helpful app on my Iphone. Works pretty well. JP

OP
OP
E

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, I never ran across an apmex app. I'll have to check that out.

OP
OP
E

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the apmex app have charts? That's one of the reasons I like this one. It has multiple charts from kitco.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
$32.73/oz down.gif -0.72

Oh my :(

OP
OP
E

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the past couple days have been sorta depressing

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like I should have waited.. i spent a thousand on bullion two weeks ago.. Definitely sucks.. Oh well.. If it goes down to 25 again I guess I will just have to buy more...

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Eldar11 said:
I use this app all the time, so I figured I'd share. Android only, not sure what works on Apple products....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.altsoldev.preciousmetaltracker&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dandroid+gold+and+silver

Apologies for the poor capitalization in the thread title.

I use the Kitco app on my iPhone and I love it...tells me slot for precious metals as well as my stock market info! Updates quickly and automatically!

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure they have an app but I use Monex online which I really like as they actually have the ounce price for 40% coins and 90% coins which is different than the bullion pricing.

Good luck,

Jeff

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think its gonna skyrocket within 2 years......
Now I just need to get me some be fore it does!

BenButton

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy said:
I still think its gonna skyrocket within 2 years......
Now I just need to get me some be fore it does!

With so many people selling off their silver for a quick buck their will be a shortage in normal society. Which in theory should make it skyrocket. I agree with you 100%

wheats - 45
steel pennies - 1

V nickels - 1
buffalo nickels - 2
wartime nickels - 0

mercury dimes - 1
silver dimes - 7

silver quarters - 4

90% halfs - 0
40% halfs - 0

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own and operate a small gold and silver buying shop and for our gold and silver jewelry that comes in we use the android app "scrap calc" which has a constantly updating spot price, buy and sell percentages and the various karats and percentages of all out precious metals

For silver coins and to keep track of what my investment stack is worth, I use a similar android app simply called "silver calculator" which has a nice "click once for 1 coin" and "press and hold for timzim". It also has the updatable spot price and shows the current value of each coin.... And will give you a grand total of all your silver coins.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I think something is going to happen around Dec/Jan and Silver and Gold will skyrocket in the next year. Right now with silver at 32 an ounce I am definitely thinking about buying more. Thinking about putting away 20 bucks away each week if not more towards silver buying every other week. So I figure every other week I can buy an ounce of pure silver and maybe a couple of quarters or a half piece. I would like to get a piece of gold, but just the idea of sinking almost a thousand dollars into one piece of gold makes me sick.

::goes to take some Peptobismol::

LOL.
Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think any thing under $35 is good. It might dip some more in the next two weeks??

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, I use Silver Calculator and the Scrap Gold Calculator, quite handy for knowing how much to bid on auctions.

I use the Golden Eagle Coins app for the silver/gold spot price.

In the end though, its all irrelevant, its measured in a dying, worthless currency and there is quite a difference between spot price and paper silver and actually getting the shiny metal in hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread