took another road trip today :)

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
today started out pretty crappy as I went to bank to get cash from 700.00 plus searched halves and they said they might have to start charging me to take them, no problem as I have a whole nother branch I can dump coins at also. First 2 banks I hit today where nada, 3 gave up 3 40%ers :) Went up on the hill top and hit all the banks up there first bank I walked in and got all they had 230.00 worth, already searched rolls with dates on the out side, no biggie benn there done that :( Got in the suv and looked closer and low and behold I see a roll that says 1967 on it, I'm thinking no way......Yep a whole roll of 40%ers, as my son would say sweetttt! went over to my other dumping bank and dumped off the other clads after looking through them and went on to find 3 more 40%ers.
No 90%ers today but I will take a roll of 40%ers anytime.
1966=2
1967=22
1968=1
1969=1
hope everyone gets out and gives it a go and does good.
REMEMBER: ALWAYS KEEP SILVER SEPERATE FROM CLAD :)
Best Regards, Ray

Attachments

• 11302006silverpic1.jpg
    11302006silverpic1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Great haul. Congratulations.

Yep don't be too surprised if the other bank starts the charge as well. My banks here in SE Kentucky Middlesboro/Pineville to be exact sure shut me down fast with a 10% charge. Started with one bank and all of them did it. Didn't turn in hardly any at all at other banks that I started savings accounts at. SO I think in my case they probably just happened to have had lunch and mentioned in passing or something? LoL some of em I only turned in $100.

And yep it sure does matter how much money you have. Lots of peps still turning in change here in large amounts without charge. They just have a whole lot of money to begin with so the threat of removing their account is helping them out.

BTW as most of you know I did try to bust these banks through the local papers and talking to Kentucky banking officials. Papers wouldn't touch it, and Kentucky Banking commission said 10% was not unreasonable. They did not directly answer the question about how some could do it with out charges.. Dodge!! I got the ...it is going to be very hard to prove that...come up with strong evidence and we will investigate LoL.

Great haul. Sweet on the 67 roll. Hope the banks don't put the clamps on you.

Rev

OP
OP
silverfinder37

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
I have a back up plan, think they would mind if I pay my bills with halves :P
Best Regards, Ray

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
On the silver... VERY nice, Ray!!
On the redemption fee... that totally bites.
I try to use the halves wherever I can... it sometimes produces humorous results when people who are not used to seeing JFK's receive a pile of them!
HH,
Bob

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Guys, because of banking laws that were passed to prevent money laundering by drug dealers, banks share information with each other on customers. This is part of the reason why customer service is in the porta potty nowdays. There isn't such a thing as competition anymore in banking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions